Home

IF an Expansion Pack was released...

Stan_Tencza

These are the *crucial* elements to an expansion pack created by Raven. Feel free to add, subtract, or simply crack on my ideas:

1.) New SP and MP Models. Such as an *official* Maul, Vader, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gonn, etc. New models in MP would greatly enhance the multiplayer scene, and open up the realm of RPG into MP. Creating models of familiar enemies and characters from all the Star Wars movies would appeal to a greater sphere of players (i.e., Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Royal Guards etc.)

2.) Going hand-in-hand with number 1, the new models could be used in levels recreating classic scenes from the original movies. For example. Qui-Gon, Obi Wan, and Maul models would be used in a new level, "Duel of the Fates". And so on. This would greatly enhance single player replayability. New multiplayer levels from the original trilogy and the new movies would also attract new gamers (mostly SW fanboys like myself).

3.) New saber stances, saber styles/moves, new animations, etc. This would bring refreshment to saber combat. The two-bladed lightsaber could be incorporated with its own stances and attacks/blocks. Cartwheels, spin dodges, etc. could be developed, making saber battles in SP and MP more involved and authentic.

4.) New guns. Different types of blasters, rifles, wouldn't hurt. I must admit, this is an area the JKII is not lacking in.

5.) How about the use of (non AT-ST) vehicles? Speeders, podracers (gameplay permitting), speeder bikes, swoops, etc. Adding new elements to gameplay widens the playability of a game. Take a look at Shadows of the Empire, for example. Great game: it took the player off the ground, on the ground, into space, etc. Would be an awesome addition.

6.) A new ally AI engine. This is just a thought. A way to communicate with bots not only in MP, but in SP as well. For examle, fine-tuning AI bots in single player to make a bigger impact on gameplay. Like on the Death Star in A New Hope, Chewie and Han stuck together, helping each other out. Currently, spawning an NPC ally doesn't really HELP your gameplay other than killing other enemies.

This could be used to create new, more involved levels. It is rare in the Star Wars universe (not uncommon, but rare) that there is one person taking on hundreds of enemies: therefore, to make more realistic gameplay, SP AI bots should be enhanced.

7.) Last but not least, multiplayer themed scenarios wouldn't be bad. For example; this one wouldn't be too hard to re-create: a battle on the Tantive IV. It could be Rebels VS Imperials on the Tantive IV, maybe with side-objectives or team-based commands.

Just a few ideas.

Which ones do you guys think are pathetic? Which ones should we be looking for in an expansion pack in the future?

-Stan Tencza

====================

:jawa

Welcome Stan_Tencza an Thanatos. Those are some good ideas...but I don't know about the pods lol. I think it was wierd enough to drive the atst. Neat but wierd. As soon as the editing tools become available we'll obviously see many variations of duel of fates and luke and vader. Those are givens from my perspective. I just hope to see a large following in single player maps as in JK. Those of us with slow connection enjoy this and I find the new stories quite intuitive.

If i have to pick 2 out of those seven i'd pick numbers 2 and 7. But why sould i pick just 2? I like them all! But correct me if im wrong but isn't there a mod on progress that sets a battle between rebel's and the imperium? I think i've seen that thread somewhere... Anyway, post those ideas to raven.

No offense to anyone but why does everyone seem to love Darth Maul? I thought he was weak and cheesy. The whole double lightsaber thing started with some of the comics and now everyone who doesn't know better thinks he is the first to ever use it. You can like who you like I am not telling to like him or hate him I just needed to get that off my chest...sorry.

Although I would like to see some Kyp Durron skins.

The Q3 engine isn't made for team co-op play. That is where the Unreal engine excells. So it would take more work to do co-op settings and cofigurations for JKII.

I would like to see the expansion pack that goes to Hoth and Endor.

oh man that would be awesome. ideas 2 and 7 are most definately the best ideas, especially with the Duel of the Fates match up. They could also add new multy play varieties. Skins, mods, etc. One cool variety thingy would to be to recreate the famous Clone Wars. Like the Battle of Geonosis or something. Mean the environments would be huge, so idk if the Quake III engine could do it, but it would be cool. Also, the Battle of Endor or something. I just hope that Raven listens to the community in this one.

Archived