Home

Here's one for the record books - Outcast with unbelievable ending

Rokta

I just had the most unbelivable ending to a game I have ever played, and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ok, so I finnaly reached the end of Jedi knight II Outcast, and I'm thinking Desan (spell?) is going to be one tough mofo. This is going to be an epic battle.

I jump down cautiuosly to the floor and he hits me with force lightning, so I run over to the corner to hide, where there is a single column going up the the ledge. I run around it keeping Desan on the other side while he starts to use force lightning again on me. It hits the column and takes a few chunks out, Then I think he tries to use force push on me, not sure because I keep rotating around the column, keeping him out of view, but his force is hitiing the column.

A loud crash, and the damn column colapses along with the ledge on top of him and kills him dead.

After I picked my chin off the floor, I realize I didn't use any force powers, not even one swipe of the saber, all I did was run and he basically killed himself.

At first I was dissapointed, but started laughing after explaining my epic battle to my wife. After reloading the level a few times and killing him proper I was finnaly felt the satifaction I was looking for.

Why does this weird stuff happen to me?

I dind't even know the column was destructable until a few days after I'd beaten him.

Our fight (mostly sabers) was all on the upper floor aside from the last few hits. I was dramatically thrown to the ground level, quickly got up before Desann killed me on the ground. I ran away, jumped through the beam of energy, landed, and did the back thrust killing Desann who was chasing me.

Since then, I've tried killing him with the column, but have only succeeded in killing myself. Oh well

Archived