Home

Blood mod....sick of sparks

Simplex

Im wondering if anyone is working on a blood mod, or if not, here is the idea.

I mean, Im sure many of you are sick of sparks and smoke emitting from a persons arm when severed....its getting old.

*Torso swipe*

*crack, fizzz, whistle* as sparks fly out and smoke is released from the Reborn's waist and severed torso.

*watches ANH*

*watches Obi-Wan cut Ponda Baba's arm off*

*sees arm on floor of cantina*

*SEES BLOOD ON THE FLOOR BY THE ARM*

*watches TPM*

*watches Obi-Wan cut Maul in half*

*SEES SPRAY OF BLOOD COME UP*

:D

Quake 3 levels of blood (the fountains you get when you blow somebody up) wouldn't be good in a SW game, but a little blood is most definitely acceptable.

*SIGH*

Realistic sabers? It would NOT cauterize, sauterize, etc major blood vessels the second it slices them. Your repeating mass myths of sabers.

As well, SPARKS and SMOKE dont emit from someones flesh after a saber, sword, or laser hits their flesh.

'sides, blood is cool.

If it were at the level of the red mist we saw in the E3 demo and early Raven JK2 screenshots, I wouldn't mind seeing such a mod at all. Should be easy to do, just change the "smoke" color, or add more "red smoke" from saber strikes, in addition to the regular dismemberment.

The real trick is getting it all to work in MP without crashing.

; p

Originally posted by Simplex

*SIGH*

Realistic sabers? It would NOT cauterize, sauterize, etc major blood vessels the second it slices them. Your repeating mass myths of sabers.

As well, SPARKS and SMOKE dont emit from someones flesh after a saber, sword, or laser hits their flesh.

'sides, blood is cool.

how do u know :p

they could cauterize it, they could be verrrrry hot

I find it funny how people talk about things in the Star Wars universe being unrealistic (like blood spraying from wounds from a lighsaber) when the mere idea of a sword made of a laser is ridiculous.

Star Wars is fantasy, talking about it in realistic terms is contradictory to the whole idea of fantasy.

By the way, lasers do not cauterise a wound upon impact. Even if the laser is immensely hot. It burns the flesh and does to a degree scab the wound, but the flowing blood quickly pushes through and leaves the dismembered body part and wound looking as if it has been cut off by a sword.

The blood mentioned in the movie was thrown in to get the movie to a PG rating. It didnt show any more as they wanted to keep it PG and not get a higher one.

The last two movies had a hand being cut off as well so that and some other minor things might have gotten the PG ratings he wanted.

I'm surprised no die-hard fans of SW have mentioned this-

In the SW technical manual, on lightsabers. They have two settings-

1)The lightsaber cauterises any wound upon severance, stopping the flow of blood.

2)The lightsaber cuts and does not cauterise, letting blood flow and doing more damage.

If you were REALLY looking for a star wars-true game, then there should be a way of turning the blood mod on and off, effectively modelling the 2 settings...

However, looking at a real life situation, since lightsabers are in fact 'laser swords'. A laser in itself is not actually hot. It makes the things it actually touches absorb the energy and thus making them hot. This would cause an effect similar to it being cut off by a sword, and maybe even more blood as it would be a more clean cut...

Plus, blood looks cool ;)

Anyway the modders out there should really be looking to make a mod where it can sever any part of their anatomy, say in half, their head, whole arms. Not just their flipping hands, that gets soooo boring :p

Anyway the modders out there should really be looking to make a mod where it can sever any part of their anatomy, say in half, their head, whole arms. Not just their flipping hands, that gets soooo boring

<--- calls Tyranith's attention to the multitude of posts regarding the g_saberRealisticCombat 1 cheat allowing for vastly increased dismemberment options.

Originally posted by *T¥RANITH*

I'm surprised no die-hard fans of SW have mentioned this-

In the SW technical manual, on lightsabers. They have two settings-

1)The lightsaber cauterises any wound upon severance, stopping the flow of blood.

2)The lightsaber cuts and does not cauterise, letting blood flow and doing more damage.

If you were REALLY looking for a star wars-true game, then there should be a way of turning the blood mod on and off, effectively modelling the 2 settings...

However, looking at a real life situation, since lightsabers are in fact 'laser swords'. A laser in itself is not actually hot. It makes the things it actually touches absorb the energy and thus making them hot. This would cause an effect similar to it being cut off by a sword, and maybe even more blood as it would be a more clean cut...

Firstly you need to realise the "starwars reason" was only invented to fit the real life problem - explaining how come a sword (of any type) can cut something without making it bleed. They had to give that reason said (or something else) as they couldnt just say "to keep it PG rated" as the "official plot reason"...

Secondly if this was indeed a laser by the standards we have of lasers then it wouldnt be able to stop at a meter. So if we were to apply physics to how the sabre works then you forgot to point out they wouldnt be able to use it as the laser would go on for an extreamly long distance. And I know if you aimed a laser at the moon from Earth it would hit the moon so I do know it would be a blade at least that length. Not very conveinient. So don't give "real world" reaons to explain something of a fantasy story.

Not ragging on you or anything mate, infact I commend you on such knowelege (most poeple wouldnt have knowen that). Its just you cant apply real world physics to something which has never claimed to be "real world". or use real world physics to explain one thing without using real world physics about other things.

In the end its only a movie, and the only reason there was a very brief scene of blood was to get it to PG and the only reason no more was showen was to stop it from getting a higher rating. they added that scene in because georgy found out it was only going to be G rated and wanted it PG as he thought PG would mean more people would go and see it then if it was only G.

YOU ARE ALL SAYING THERE IS NO BLOOD IN STAR WARS UNIVERSE LOL LOL LOL...ARE YOU REALLY STAR WARS FANS THAT WATCHED ALL THE MOVIES HA!!!

I HAVE THE DVD OF EPISODE I:PAHNTOM MANACE AND TELL MA WHAT HAPPENED WHEN OBIWAN CUT DARTH MAUL IN HALF HA!

THERE WAS TOO MANY BLOOD BUT I THINK YOU WATCHED THE FILM NOT WITH YOUR EYES...IF YOU HAVE DVD OF THIS MOVIE STOP BABLING AND WATCH IT AGAIN AND YOU LL ALL SEE THE BLOOD WHEN DARTH MAUL DIES

And also there is a blood patch that works perfectly in a german site.It is not as you think.He who made the patch really did an excellent job because the blood effect is nearly same as in episode one.I tought that there were really some cool star wars fan but you all screaming like babies:"THERE IS NO BLOOD IN STAR WARS UNIVERSE...."

LOL LOL

They are refering to blood splashing out like other games have blood. Jedi Outcast has sparks spraying everywhere when you hit someone and they are wanting blood to spray out in the same fashion. and go back and watch your dvd version of it and tell me if blood sprays out like this.

Didn't actally know about that cg_saberrealisticcombat, and after looking for it on the forums, I can't actually find it :)

As for the bit about the 'laser sword' the reason i put it in apostophes was the exact reason because I know it wouldn't exist ;)

Thanx for the mature comments though, hehe :)

Archived