Home

WORKING MP Dismemberment! No joke.

TyrantX

I just tried this program that was linked at www.JediKnightII.net called Q3Offline (http://www.shellshock.demon.co.uk/Download.htm) and it's amazing. It makes setting up a server so much easier, and launching the game so much faster. The added fact that you can turn on dismemberment in multiplayer livens up the already intense battles in multiplayer JKII.

For those who want to turn on dismemberment with this program, follow these steps:

1)Click New and start a Jedi Knight file if you don't already have one. Otherwise, go to step 2.

2)Click the "Advanced" tab.

3)Click the "+" symbol next to Jedi Knight II.

4)Click the FIRST checkbox next to "Dismemberment server" in the list, and the "a" should have no X over it. Now click the text ""Dismemberment server" right next to the box you just clicked, and type in 100.

5)Right below that is the "Dismemberment Client" option. Click the first checkbox also, and then click the second checkbox for a value of 1 for "Dismemberment Client", which means it's on (0 means it's off). This is so that other people who join your game can see dismemberment. www.JediKnightII.net

Heh sorry, I have a 56k so I never can host (and never actually played online). I play JKII a lot at LANs me and my friends have (and also with bots), so this program is still very useful to me.

Adrian Stanley (the maker of this program. Q3Offline) designed a really great program. Hope it grows in popularity so the people who've been begging for MP dismemberment finally get what they want on those online servers.

dismemberment in MP has been done before a lot. it's just a matter of the host typing it in the console and all clients typing it in the console, or setting it up in a *.cfg file. the problem with dismemberment in MP is that it will always eventually cause an OpStack error, which crashes the game. that's the hurdle that's trying to be overcome now. hopefully any patches released will address this, or newer dedicated server files will address this error.

go ahead and try it, though i guarantee the game will crash after a few minutes.

Irimi-Ai

Aw, sorry, I guess I never went back further in the forums to check about MP dismemberment (though search doesn't work).

Though I haven't encountered the OpStack error yet, I hope that they are able to fix what's causing it.

Again, sorry for posting what I guess was evident a while ago :p

Archived