Home

Commanding Bots in Multi

zman

Yeah, in UT it was so easy, you had "cover me" "defend/attack the base" and "free roam" all bindable in the menus, with voice commands and confirmations from the bots.

In Q3 however, you have to bind everything yourself by hand in the console, or else write a few lines of CFG crap.

I have yet to do this (I don't know all the commands I'd need to use in the first place) but I know there are several pages on the 'net with Q3A/Q3TA lists of binds for team stuff.

I just want to be able to hit a key when I'm looking at a bot or whatever and have him do what I tell him, the basic attack/defend/cover/free roam stuff. I don't want to have to do it all name specifically either. So I'd probably have orders for the whole team (of bots) bound to keys.

So until somebody posts a good one, all I can say is look at the Q3 stuff and write a CFG file.

Kurgan,

Something as simple as the UT bot command interface would be perfect. This is all I'm looking for too - just the simple stuff like defend the base, attack, cover someone, etc.

As for the Q3A bot commands, it has been a long time since I tried them. I found the bot command doc on the Q3A CD, but I could not get them to work in JK2. These are the ones that follow the /say_team <command> syntax. I may be just missing something simple that enables them, or perhaps they have changed in JK2. I'll have to do a little more experimenting. Has anyone tried these and got them to work?

Thanks.

Archived