Home

Starting a New MP Mod... maybe...

Spoonman

Is this a cool idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a cool idea?

• Yes, and I would like to help you make this mod. You can expect an e-mail from me.
    • Yes, but I\'m not going to help. Or I would change something about it, so I\'ll e-mail you about what I want changed.
    • No, I don\'t like the idea because I\'m not into the movies.
    • No, I\'m a Heavy-Style *****.

Ok, first and foremost, I have no idea how to mod... But I do have an idea and I do want to learn how to make a modification to Jedi Knight 2.

Here's my rant: (you can ignore this part if you want to.)

Ok, this idea arose from playing in the dueling servers a lot. The controversy over heavy style and my own personal experience with it has really left me... well... pissed off. I'm tired of seeing it exploited. I've had this idea for a while, but seeing heavy style dominate most of the servers out there, I think its time to take action on this mod.

Now the idea: A multiplayer dueling mod that would give you better control over your saber, more and better saber swing types, more style types (i.e. more than Heavy, Medium, and Light). There would also be a scoring system based upon the skill in which you attack and handle your light saber. The game would be more focused on style and skill than the normal game. Hopefully, we could tweak it enough to be more like "real" light saber dueling. That would mean that light sabers would actually be as powerful as they are in the movies. So the emphasis would be more about blocking and keeping that saber out of your body. And trying to bury your saber within the flesh of your opponent!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! We would keep force powers, but limit them to the movie powers; i.e. push, pull, and jumping.

Anyway... if anyone is interested, please e-mail me and we'll talk.

Spoon's E-mail

Sounds like a DAMN good idea to me.

I stick to NF saber servers cause I like dueling with swords. Sabers, all the better. However the heavy attack, no matter what anyone says, is nothing more then a p***y way to get a frag. Its like someone running around with a large mallot and swinging it around... WHOOPTIE DO YOU KILLED SOMEONE WITH YOUR MALLOT, NICE JOB.

Its just retarded. Yellow and blue, you have to do more then *Oga Chuga Click Click*

Using a heavy attack once in a while to finish someone off or score a good blow, fine, but using it as your only attack? Thats lame as can be.

The heavy attack in JK1 still took skill to use, it covered a large distance and scored a good hit, but didnt kill you in one hit. Took at least 2.

However the "more strenths" idea is not what I think should be done, cause switching between 3 strenths I am sure is plenty for now... just make the heavy LESS heavy, and add more moves by diffrent mouse placements and key strokes. Much like secret moves in arcade games.

Also, if posible, have the saber, the whole saber, cause damage... so when ever you see your saber go through someone in the game, even if not intended for that player, it causes damage... No more chopping someone in half and not causeing them damage cause you were not facing them...

I get 100fps and am on a cable modem, that part about saber through people is because it happens not because of client side.

-Micah

:deathstar

Originally posted by Spoonman

Now the idea: A multiplayer dueling mod that would give you better control over your saber, more and better saber swing types, more style types (i.e. more than Heavy, Medium, and Light).

Something like this is on the way, just be patient with us....

-Limbonik 2.0

The Golden Age mod.

Archived