Home

Skin problems in multiplayer?

hollowbody57

Ok, so I've downloaded a few skins since I bought JKII, and first of all want to give mad props to some of you skinners out there. As a graphic artist myself, I know the amount of work some of you put into these things, and you guys don't receive enough credit for your work. Just keep the skins coming. :cool:

Alright, now for my problem. I've got a bunch of skins that I'd love to be able to use in multiplayer, however, whenever I connect to a server and go into my player setup window, only the original models and skins are available to choose from. Do the custom skins I want to use have to be on the server in order to use them?

I was under the impression that if you were using a skin that someone else didn't have installed, they would simply see you as one of the base models/skins. That's fine, I mostly want to use my Darth Maul skin for vanity purposes anyway, so I'm not concerned that others can't see the skin. However, I would like to at least be able to see the skin for myself, if only because I get a bit tired of seeing the same characters running around all the time.

Anyway, any answers/feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Archived