Home

need Xpert help

ER1

After a week and a bit of playing i still find myself getting smashed in duels (no force), no matter what stance i do.

I have msot trouble against someone using red stance :(

Light and medium: When i use this style i tend to go in and block or duck their heavy swing and then hammer them with a few quick hits, and then rinse and repeat. However, i am always smashed into the ground by the overhead chop (i do have 3 levels in defence) and no matter where i put my saber (i am not attacking btw) he smashes through me defence and cleaves me in half. Add the fact that he outranges me and i get owned.

When i fight fire with fire and i use red stance myself, i always MISS everytime i do a overhead chop or a long range sidesweep, and then B00M comes his counter, and i am lying dead on the ground. A really frustrated newbie :(

And also with all 3 styles, sometimes as i get close to get ready for a chop, B00M comes the DFA, and yeah, he misses 90% of the time but gets me sooner or later :(

Here's some tips (against strong stance) :

-Don't block STRONG stance, he'll get trough most of the time.

-Try Jumping around and over your opponent, in the meanwhile slashing at him (Medium stance or Strong stance (yeah only 1 slash, but a strong one)).

-Don't do frontal assaults, most of the time he'll hit you and you'll be dead.

-If you get beaten, try to watch how he playes... and try using some of his moves.

-Fighting STRONG with STRONG is normally the best way, sometimes you can kill STRONG with MEDIUM though.

-If he's comming at you, do evasive manouvres (rolling sideways, or jumping away/over him).

-If you use STRONG stance, don't come at him slashing around... slash when he's still bussy from recovering from a move or whenever you see a opportunity.

Hope this helps a tiny bit (doubt it though).

Archived