Home

Petition to impliment suggested changes in next Jedi Outcast patch.

Jedi-Lovehand

This is a petition for you to STFU and play the damned game.

It's rather amusing. You play with "Honor" and think it makes you better than the players who don't abide by your opinions, when in reality, it just makes you Creepy.

***Edit OMFG I just read that thing, and just called the paramedics. I'm having a heart attack because I'm laughing so hard HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In other words, your tired of losing. At that point I'd suggest you go play another game because the changes you are proposing change JKII entirely, which is actually opposite of what you say your trying to do. There are some things wrong, yes, there are in all games, but stop whining and grow up.

Don't try to ruin this game. Yeah, it's got it's flaws - all games do. But an honour system? Mandatory saberist code? halve the force absorb usage? And my personal favourite, penalize a player for killing another player in a FPS game...just because he wanted to use a gun someone else considered bull****?

That petition is a big, heaping, steamy pile of dog****.

Let people play the game how they want. Don't like it, make a server, find some admins who will run the server 24/7 for free, pay for the bandwidth yourself, and leave other people alone to play the game the way they want to play it. I could rationalize that petition more if you were paying to buy JK2 for every user on the planet...but you aren't.

It's people like you that make me not want to build a mod for JK2. I'll find a petition on some random page from some random player, thinking they can hand me 20,000 signatures and make me alter the gameplay that I envisioned. Doesn't work like that.

If some petition like this makes Raven completely alter their game, then I'll expect to see my hard earned money returned...

-Limbonik 2.0

I rarely post on stufflike this but, I totaly disagree with about 90% of petition, even though I hate the same things you obviously do.

Oddly enough sometimes when we try to stiffle a thing we ruina thing in spite of ourselves.

What I agree with? Remove the power of the DFa attack. don't remove the DFa move, just the one shot one kill OR make it more of a disabling thing to the one using it. for example if they miss they fall to the ground for some damage, AND land on thier back or something due to the force of the impact. Make the Damage timing different so that when using streong style DFA you can't trip over the saber and die.... fix strong style so it is less exploitable, but not halve the power it or else it is worthless. more racially, and SEXUALY diverse player models is also a must.

Just about everything else you requested is much more easily remedied by one of two things, or both:

find a server that incorporates a similar Saberist code of honor, and or make it so it's easier to find an all saber server.

In MHO, the game could mroe easily fixed in the following way.

At entry and player set up, you can choose two things determined by the servers set up:

to play as a Jedi, and as a non Jedi.

As a Jedi, you recieve force powers, sabers and maybe a blaster. But picking up other weapons except maybe things like seeker drones, and thermal detonators and shields, maybe even the stationary turret, is a no no unless you spend force points to do so at start up. IE have a weapons rating. One that costs say 3 force points per weapon type or something like that.

In this way a Jedi will be more or less forced to use his saber and force powers the most, other weapons will be restricted, and you cannot use say the repeater, without purchasing the ability to use all the weapons before it (the blaster ETC). this would mean you are barely able to use the force at all.

Non jedi, should be given a reliable way to counter force powers without using the force. And technological items to simulate some of the force powers. but be able to use all the weapons except the lightsaber. they should begin with the standard blaster the E11 and 2 TD's

For 2 examples of the alternate abilities, A jetpack of sorts for jumping, which must be found on the map, a cloaking device to simulate mind control ETC.

to get out of a grip you could rappidly hit the primary attack button, and at random intervals your weapon would fire weakening the grip, making it easier to break free of by hitting the primary attack, this is kind of how it works already using force push or pull. KIND OF.

However everything else from drain to lightning that you recomend changes for Only serves to do things you can more easily do by finding a saber only non force server. And would piss fewer people off.

I would sign your petition if it wasn't for this wierd moral obligation I feel I have that somehow tells me that 90% of your petition is kind of a bad idea.

I DO like the honor rule however to in one respect. Make honor more of a score thing.

for example. If you kill someone with a saber or the default pistol you get say ten points. If you kill with a so called "Cheap weapon" you get less points.

If you kill by grip dropping pushing or pulling a guy off the edge of something, you get even less and possibly NO points. If you kill someone in a duel ona FFA server you get say 15 points.

Kill with lightning say somewhere in the middle since it's so easy to counter.

Make Absorb work the way it should too.

Overall great concept poor application. Sorry I couldn't sign it, I had high hopes for it you know...

Archived