Home

Please HELP ME (LOOK AMAZING!)

UsEr-X-

I posted a topic below and no one has helped me. I tired the tutorial that one nice person gave me but i think the tutorial was done with a OLD version of radiant or something. I am trying to put a spawn entity in my BOX MAP crappy thing. I can't do it cause when I right click in the wireframe view area there isn't anything that says info. And when i toggle the Entity View there are no entity's in there. Yes I'm new to making maps and I was really looking forward to making my own. But now no one will help and I know theres guys on this forum that know this program like language but they still won't help me or post 2 sentances to help me in the right direction. Can some one please help me, all i want to do is make a box thats textured that i can run around in. I figured out how to put textures but how do i do the rest PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE.

UsEr-X- :fett:

I've made about 5 pretty decent Q3 maps, but they are all about 90% finished.

But...

The best Tutorials I foud, as far as being easy to learn, where these:

http://www.planetquake.com/bubba/

I was Mapping in about a Day.

JO's Radient setup is almost the same, so you should be able to figure it out from here.

If you get confused, and have Q3, then maybe you could get GTK Radient for Q3 and do the Tuts I left and then go to JO. You will definatly be able to figure it out then.

You first few trials will be just that anyway.

Good Luck.

Hi CheshireKat Thats the same tutorial i was following it looked great, promising and all was lovely until i had to put the player start entity in. For some reason when i right click there are no info_player_start or anything with the word info! And radiant doesn't seem to recognise my DEF files. So i dunno wtf is going on I guess gods telling me im not sposed to be a mapper but i dont care.

UsEr-X-

:fett:

Move the mouse pointer over onto the center of the square in

your wireframe window and right click on the mouse(mouse2). A menu will

pop up with a variety of options. Select info and then info_player_start. A cube

will appear in the wireframe window and you'll have to move it into place to see

it in the 3D window. Ideally it should be against a wall just a few units above the

floor. Now you'll notice there's a big arrow sticking out of the side of the spawn

box. This arrow shows which direction you'll appear inside of the map.

Hope that helps

You may have to redownload or reinstall.

It worked for me, though I'm not really a mapper, I wanted to see it.

But some things are noticably different, and I've had some weird things happen to me too.

Has anyone wound up with random water sound on thier map? This was the biggest thing I found to be annoying.

The problem I'm seeing is different packs were released. I'm trying to get a model ingame, but I didn't get a Max Exporter. I'm thinking some versions of Radient may have troubles too, but that's just a guess.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Archived