Home

md3 - glm issue

evilhomernz

ok umm this is prolly a really stupid question i have looked throught the readmes and stuff btu cant find (maybe im jsu t blind)

how do you take the glm format and convert it to md3 format for editing

and vise versa????

is there a way to jsut edit the glm files?

but plz coz im really stuck here ive tried openeing up md3's and exporting them as .glm but i used an existing md3 and it had 30 frames so it gives me a little error saying only models with one frame can be made to glm

um if thats the prob can some oen tell me how to knock off the other frames so i can export as a glm

thnx

yea modveiw will show me my glms but i cant figure out how to export them as md3s and md3veiw wont let me export to a glm file if it has more than one frame

if i can kill off the frames i can convert them abck to glm but i dont know how to get rid of the frames or even what it means

ok, I use 3d studio max to build my model and to export to a md3, take the md3 and open it with md3view, once it's opened in md3 view export it to a Ghoul2. The md3 I started with had no frames (seeing as I'm working on a saber replacement). the biggest thing is to make sure that you have all the files in the right folder when you make the glm, as it seems to act like a .skin file. I'm not sure how you are getting to your file, as I just use the pop 'n fresh plugin for max and tell it that there's no frames of animation. if this doesn't help e-mail me the file and I'll see if I can get it to work for you.

I think my header issues I was having with the md3 I made was cause I was using npherno's md3 compiler and it caused the md3 not to load. But my question is now. Im trying to load map objects into the map editor but even the md3's that came with the game dont wanna load in.

Archived