Home

lighting problem in compile. anyone else have this?

Tems

colour0.jpg

colour1.jpg

colour2.jpg

1) what are all these funky colours?

2) why is it lighting faces indivisually based on brush and not on face? i mean, jeez, these arent old school patches or anything.

3) anyone else having this problem? how'd you fix it?

-Tems

what sky tex did you use?

just curious what you'd get if you used, say, test3 sky....

My biggest question is why the caulk shader was left OUT of the common.shader file...... VERY odd indeed....THAT makes any face with the caulk texture show up as a MISSING texture in the game obviously ( you ARE caulking all unseen faces...RIGHT:) )

adding THESE lines to the common.shader file ( it's read only, so goto properties, etc ) should fix the caulk issue ( compiling one now to test )

textures/common/caulk

{

surfaceparm nodraw

surfaceparm nolightmap

surfaceparm nomarks

}

I'm not 100% sure on what your question is Tems....I did not see anything very out of the ordinary in your map shots, except the missing sky texture and the odd shadow from here and there.

i fixed the caulk long ago. that wouldnt affect the lighting.

it lights everything like a patch, bbefore patchshadows was added. yes im using patchshadows and no it makes no difference when i dont.

yes im doing fullvis. that doesnt matter either.

still no idea.

-Tems

Don´t know, but I tested JKORadiant with a small room first to check out the lightning thing.

I don´t know exactly what you want, but I´ve brightened it up with these settings:

light 2000, scale 80

(for testing purposes :D )

and replaced my old lights.

btw: Did anyone get the sky working? Just the same texture problem like Q3Radiant and JO.

Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles

The new path for caulk is 'system/caulk', so just use the find/replace shader option to quickly fix that. It's easier than adding a new shader. ;)

hmmm thanx....but changing the directory is just a plain RETARDED move by Raven....let's see, people having been using it in the Common directory for 3 years now...LET's CHANGE THAT! lol

idiots.

Archived