Home

Bot Help

CGMneon

Since there are so many people here working on models and skins now, I figured this would be a great place to ask my question:

I have downloaded a bunch of new skins and I unzipped them all in the \GameData\base folder. When I try to use some bots that have bot functionality (according to their readme files), some still don't show up for me to select to play against as bots from the "Create Server" screen. I can select for myself to be them in the game's "Setup" screen, but its very frustrating to hear people rave about a skin, and then not be able to play against it myself. I don't believe it has anything to do with that "Force Player Model" thing, as I can select other bots that I've downloaded to be in the game, and also the "Force Player Model" thing is off on the setup screen. I don’t believe this has anything to do with configuring some “server” option, either, because I’m only playing with myself and bots on my computer. So I think the internet should be irrelevant. Also, I’ve heard that I might need to alter the assets0.pk3 file, but so far that hasn’t worked.

I’m quite stuck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived