Home

MD3 Map Objects?

SiN13

the problems seems to be how JK2radiant handles the directory for the mapobjects...I mean wtf: c:/programs/lucasarts...blah blah..

Regulary if you select "misc_models" it link you directly into the folders for map_objects. I guess you should recompile the model with the "md3compiler" and export the model again.

The old q3 md3 compiler seems to build an incorrect header for Outcast md3 files. If I just export from max then go directly to the view they load.

As far as getting map objects in the map editor I saw this in a post:

"If the md3 file is not available as a selectable model in the editor you can put it in anyway by drawing a brush and then selecting misc_model. You must then go and specify which model that is (if not prompted automatically then go to the bottom of the entity window to the "model" button) when you put the entity in you will probably get an error message. Make sure your brush is still highlighted and look at the keypairs. Edit the pathname down to /models/foldername/filename.md3 or whatever the path is, take out all the C:/programfile/... stuff out of it. Save your map. Close the editor. Reopen the editor. Your model should be in the map now."

Has anyone given this a try yet? It seems like alot of the tools have real issues with default paths and such. I forget which tool it was but it was always giving me errors about not finding stuff at w:\game\base or something when I dont even have w: drive so go figure.

Archived