Home

Where would I find a BSP Compiling Error when Building a map?

Shalone

As I stated before, I cannot find the BSP file when I try to compile my map, the Dos screen flashes for no more then a second, then in the Jk2Radiant Message screen it says Compiling Completed Successfully, and thats that, but I can never find the BSP file... it's just not made.

In c:\documents and settings\(your windows logon name here)\local settings\temp\ folder there are 2 .bat files, qe3bsp.bat and qe3bsp2.bat

When you try to compile your map from JK2Ed, it uses qe3bsp2.bat which just runs qe3bsp.bat, which does all the work but won't show any output or errors because it was called from the other .bat file. More than likely, the bsp program is outputting an error, but you don't get to see it. So, go find these files and just double-click qe3bsp.bat and it will run the program to make the .bsp file. You will see everything it does, including errors. After BSP runs, it runs VIS, then LIGHT or something like that, these will probably say "could not find whatever.bsp". But this will let you know what the error is, so that you can correct it.

Archived