Home

You can model in GMAX.

Infinity Blade

I think....

I've been able to get Kyle loaded into the program to see if it's feasible that for those who wish to edit/create existing models...

I've also been able to export him as a md3, and view it with the md3 viewer....

I am new to modelling with the Q3 engine, so I have no idea what exactly you need to do when converting it into Q3, nor if there's any steps between Q3 and JO.

My first attempt was merely to see if I could load something in.. and get it out. You should be able to model from scratch just as easily. Here it is:

gmaxkyle.jpg

The only problem is it was a kind of hit and miss getting this to work, and some programs I used kept crashing. There's probably alot of bugs that need to work before I'll have anything set up to make the process a smooth one, but at least I've taken the first step.

We shall see........

Wish me luck.

Alright.. here's what I have so far.

Gmax needs tempest, yes.

I don't have anything to convert glm to md3, but there is a XSI model of kyle included with the tools.

The problem is you have to convert it to another format in order to get it into Gmax.... If you have 3d studio I imagine you can use the plugin they included with the tools, unfortunately it does not work with Gmax...

I'm fairly new to modeling with this engine setup.. in all actuality, last time I modeled was JK. :(

There are a couple of different programs you can use to convert XSI. To get the model I had in gmax, I had to convert it into an OBJ using milkshape and load it into gmax using an import maxscript. I have no idea if this process altered the model alot, but it got it in there. I tried a few other formats, but they kept getting errors. Also, if you try to edit it using milkshape, As soon as you alter anything it crashes.

One difference is he's rotated on his back now.

The strange thing is, I can't even convert anything from xsi now using milkshape.

Am trying some other format s to see if I can get it into gmax easier. Could use some pointers on what settings and such to use for setting up a md3 model as well. Might check out some tutorials on it later...

Since I'm pretty new to this as well, any suggestions are welcome...

To be honesst, I haven't even tried yet. I doubt it'll work with the current model I've converted. I tried to get it to work in modview after I converted it, and kept getting the file initiation call error.

I'm going to try starting over and going through maybe a different program or conversion type. Then perhaps it will work.

By the way, anyone know what causes that initiation error?

Would be awful nice if somebody took the time to write a maxscript for importing these funky glm formats...

Honestly, I think ms3d is going to come out with an importer for the registered version pretty soon, according to the chumbalumba forums, and that guy is a mad genius. :)

So I may just leave gmax unextracted on my HD and stick with what I know. :)

Archived