Home

Map wont compile?

Jesterspaz

Hey all

When i goto compile my map, it just sits there with some directories in the dos box... it doesnt do any of the compile process

is anyone having the same problem??

thanks

besp1.jpgbesp2.jpg

i made this with GTKRadiant over the past few days, and want to convert it to jedi knightii

:biggs:

JK2Radiant doesn't work like gtkradiant. When you compile, it does all the stuff and writes it to a junk.txt

(I think, I had efradiant installed and it messes up jk2radiant, so I will need a little bit more time to get it working)

Yep, it writes it to a junk.txt What you need to do is create a batfile that contains this (for fastvis) :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

where test.map is your maps name :)

Enjoy !

How do you write a batfile? and why is it that most people can just use the bsp tools with the editor? Im having the same exact problem, but im not a programmer. I just get this directory listing... then NOTHING. It just waits... and waits. then closes. no error codes, nothing. Im so frustrated... ugh.

Archived