Home

Tutorial : Getting JK2Radiant to work

UniKorn

Getting JK2 Radiant to work :

First of all, if you have EFRadiant installed, if you can, remove it. It messes up your project settings.

Then install JK2 Radiant.

Build your basic box map, and save it under the base/maps folder. Nowhere else, or it will not run.

Then compile it using fastvis(1/2)

Now, JK2Radiant creates a textfile in your temporary folder. Do a search for junk.txt and you'll find it. If something went wrong during the compile it is displayed in that textfile.

Now, to get immediate response instead of waiting for the compile to finish, I use batfiles instead of the compile stuff in jk2radiant.

For a fastvis my batfile contains this :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

Where test.map is my mapfile.

How did I create it? I just let the fastvis command of jk2radiant run, I opened the junk.txt file and got the three commandlines out of it. I deleted the rest. That way you can create a batfile for every compile process.

Now after this you should be able to get a bsp file. To test your map, make sure your sv_pure is set to 0. Otherwise it will only check the pk3files for your bsp, and we don't want to have to pak the map into a pk3 every time we want to test it.

then type map yourmapname and all should be working fine.

Hope this helps.

UniKorn

Project Lead / Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios

http://www.wiredlampstudios.com

Now, to get immediate response instead of waiting for the compile to finish, I use batfiles instead of the compile stuff in jk2radiant.

Immediate response whats this mean? Instead of waiting for the compile to finish? When i compile it takes less than a second? I am confused can you explain this bore, and how can i dreate a BAT file? Just make a text file and name it .BAT?

UsEr-X-:fett:

Archived