Home

How can i change my character in SP?

dustin_136

There are other topics similar to this, but I could never understand them well enough to do this. I did manage to recently, so I'll tell you what I did.

1. Open assests0.pk3 in WinZip/WinRAR (I prefer WinRAR, because all the files will be sorted out into their folders already.)

2. Go to models/players and click on the 'Kyle' folder (don't open it)

3. In WinRAR, select the folder and click 'extract.'

4. Extract the folder where ever you want it. (I put mine on desktop, so I'll tell you my way.)

5. Go back to WinRAR and click on another character's folder (i.e. Tavion, Desann, Jedi Trainer)

6. Extract that folder to the same directory of the 'Kyle' folder. (desktop)

7. Go to destop and you should see a folder titled "models"

8. Go into this folder, follow the directory models/player and there will be two folders there: Kyle, and Desann (or whoever you chose.)

9. Go into the Kyle folder and delete everything in it. Yes, delete it.

10. Go back into the 'Desann' folder and copy everything in it.

11. Go into 'Kyle' and paste the Desann files.

12. Delete the old Desann folder.

13. Go back onto desktop, right-click on 'models' and select "Add to Archive" (WinRAR)

14. Rename it to "Desannsp.pk3"

15. Desannsp.pk3 should then appear on your desktop.

16. Right- click it, and select add to archive. (yes, again.)

17. Save it as Desannsp.zip (or RAR) (Note: there should be a choice of wether or not you want to save it as Zip or RAR.)

18. On your desktop, there should be a zip/rar file titled desannsp.zip/rar

19. Open it, select desannsp.pk3, and extract it to the game base directory.

20. Start a NEW GAME and it should be Desann instead of Kyle.

p.s. If this doesn't work, send me and e-mail, and i'll make a .pk3 file for you. asstardrehole@yahoo.com

Az

Another question!

Is it possible to change your alignment to that of the enemy bots in SP? I wouldn't mind donning the stormtrooper armor, joining the imperials, and blasting at a bunch of rebel scum that i happen to be spawning like a maniac....

Yeah, i was aware of the notarget cheat, but i was thinking more along the lines of just setting the imperial's ai to friendly, and the rebels ai to not friendly, i just don't know how (or if) it can be done.

Well...

Wouldn't that make the game a hell of a lot easier?

Considering there's hundreds of Imperials and only a dozen rebels?... Maybe there's a way to change the Stormies model to the Rebel soldier model. And you can use the stormies model for yourself, try that if you know how to.

-Stan

=======================

Archived