Home

Can't Compile Map in JK2Radiant

Dark Ugnaught

Ok, I've made little room and a ground brush and went to BSP it and I found this on the console:

==================

Running bsp command...

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

SoF2Map v1.0c © 2000 Raven Software Inc.

---- BSP ----

SetQdirFromPath: no 'base' in x

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

---- Vis ----

SetQdirFromPath: no 'base' in pN

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GameData\\base/maps/test.map

----- Lighting ----

SetQdirFromPath: no 'base' in ü

completed.

Run time was 0 hours, 0 minutes and 1 seconds

Then I tried to run my map directly through the sof2map program and got this when 'bsping':

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>sof2map -

bsp test.map

---- BSP ----

SetQdirFromPath: no 'base' in C:/PROGRA~1/LUCASA~1/STARWA~2/GameData/Tools/test.

map

Thanks

Try this :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls4.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls4.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls4.map

just paste it in a batfile and run.

and change the name of the map of course.

if you installed the tools correctly it works fine, as long as the map you're trying to compile is being loaded from the proper map folder in the game.

IE: GameData/base/maps

otherwise you have to edit the project settings to point to the new directories.

the purple one

Hi all,

Ok Ok I think I figured it out. You must run BSP twice to create a BSP file. I have no idea why; perhaps it has to do with win xp. Here is what I needed to do in order to creat a BSP file.

1) Save the file in Radiant to your maps folder

2) select a bsp option and run it

3) a dialog box will appear; minimize it (don't close it)

4) Run the same BSP option again and a BSP file will be created.

Then in JKII

open the console (shift ~) and type

set sv_pure 0

devmap mymapname

and all should work

If anyone knows why BSP must be run twice, I'd like to hear about it.

Archived