Home

Censorship patch?

Cyberlink

I have a little problem. It seems like my version of JK2 is censored.

I can't change the ui_iscensored variable to 0 because it tells me I only have read access...is there a possibility to change it..or is there already a patch available?

I'm 21 so I don't want this censorship thing in my game.

thx

WOW.

Never heard of this happening, but some questions:

1.) Is Jedi Outcast on your computer or someone elses?

-- This is just incase it is on a computer where you might

not be the adminstrator (like if it is a computer on a

network).

2.) Is your game's .exe read only?

-- I'm not sure this is relevant, but it's just a thought.

1.) Is Jedi Outcast on your computer or someone elses?

-- This is just incase it is on a computer where you might

not be the adminstrator (like if it is a computer on a

network).

No it's just on my personal computer and I'm the administrator (btw. I'm using WinXP)

2.) Is your game's .exe read only?

-- I'm not sure this is relevant, but it's just a thought. [/b]

Just took a look, but no it isn't, same for the jk2config.cfg.

@D'akt Sangwar

I'm not able to activate the g_dismemberment and g_saberrealisticcombat because the ui_iscensored variable is on 1

German Version??? Try to switch to English Text. This way the Variable doesn't seem to be read only, and won't be reset at the Start. You might try to change it in the cfg. I read that sometimes this works (not for me :( )...

You've got the european version right?

So, here's what you do: Make a shortcut, and then put the following line behind the game-path:

"...\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2sp.exe" +seta ui_iscensored 0 +seta g_dismemberment 1 +seta g_saberrealisticcombat 3

Then you should have no problems...

(hope I've got the dismemberment and combat numbers right- perhaps you need to switch them)

wow wait, if I start the game over the CD jk2sp.exe the game is completly english and the censorship isn't activated...so I can change the language and still have the dismembering option BUT this wayy I don't have any savegames because it tries to load them from cd...

I tried to copy the exe to my harddrive...doesn't work :(

but I think I'm very near to it thx guys

I'm in Switzerland and because of some people from Germany our version is censored too. We have the same rules for games as the USA....no ones :D but in Germany they censor most 3D Shooters.

btw. I copied some files from the CD and changed the config variables again...this time it worked so I now have the dismembering option in my game setup...the function doesn't have an effect at the moment but I think I'll be able to play it uncensored very soon :)

Well actually I know pretty much what you're talking about- sitting in Germany myself :D

So I tried to put everything in a file called blood.cfg and then put an +exec blood.cfg behind the link, but that didn't help either- so I deleted the present configs in the game-folder and then tried again. Still it didn't work- so I typed in devmapall and then again executed the cfg- THIS it worked, so I hope this helps most of the people out there with a censored version.

BTW: Sorry again for confusing you with those things!

Archived