Home

The Cantina grows[Pics inside]

Tigris

So, image-time again!

We stopped at Image 28 last time (for those of you who have missed the old thread and don't want to dig through the forums, you can find them

here @ durahcell.de )

I've started to map the next buildings and came up to the Jawa Traders- I'll now start to add details to those buildings and then move slowly towards the docking bay.

cantina29.jpg

cantina30.jpg

cantina31.jpg

cantina32.jpg

cantina33.jpg

cantina34.jpg

cantina35.jpg

cantina38.jpg

Two things I really plan on improving are the streets between the buildings- they seem to clean and really deserted, and the junk-yard, it was modeled in a very short periode of time, so I really think there is room for improvement there.

Anyway: I still have two shops without anything to sale and pretty much a giant city to model, so feedback is REALLY appreciated.

NOTE: This still is the Q3-Version. I will rescale it after I have finished it, but due to the problems that JK2Radiant causes (skies for example) I won't switch the map for now.

I'm still thinking about expanding the map, so I won't put up the cover-building yet. But I have already found some nice things I could to. I'll see what suits the map best.

Flashfearless: Permission granted :)

The shader-files are messed up, so that JK2-Radiant doesn't know which images to use as sky. One question though: When did you download the tools? I've heard they messed up the first release so bad that they re-released it- this time (hopefully)fixed...

tigris: i had this prolem until i pak'd my skybox textures and shader. then it worked like a dream. a good one too. the kind where you win the lotto. 'cept then you have to wake up and realize you didnt win. stupid losing skybox ticket. why i oughta...

-Tems

look, lex luthor you maniacle fiend, if you don't stop making this map roxor i'm going to have to ditch my mos espa map.

less roxor, more floxor.

assume floxor means something totally unrelated to roxor.

-Tems

Tems: Sorry, It's my Sandbox- I really start to like it :D

But I really think Mos Espa will come out WAY better and WAYYYY sooner than this one- I have compiled this whole thing only two times up to now (In JK2)! So I think it'll be a loooong way till I am actually ready to release! (But perhaps I'll put out a preview ;) )

Tems: Sorry, It's my Sandbox- I really start to like it :D

But I really think Mos Espa will come out WAY better and WAYYYY sooner than this one- I have compiled this whole thing only two times up to now (In JK2)! So I think it'll be a loooong way till I am actually ready to release! (But perhaps I'll put out a preview ;) )

BebiRiki: I'll start with #2: see above... I don't know, first I will have to play it once with real lightning in JK2, then I will see if I can get a Greedo-MD3 to sit in one of the corners.... Then I'll release it. But I'll perhaps release a preview of it, so that people can actually give me some game-feedback rather than starring on the pics...

As to #1: Yes, if I can get my hands on them they will be included, BUT two things: I really want them to be animated (which will add to the "looooong way" and I would really like to include the original music. For that I will have to ask LA for permission... And they take quite some time (just to avoid saying forever) to reply)

Empty streets yes, but thats Ok cos you can fill them with characters if its a SP level. Also, you can put stuff on the walls, and dirty up the floor texture if you want. Also, a dirty bottom to the walls would be good.

Sp level i assume? After all, the multiplayer in JK2 is gonna become boring quickly, so until a good mod is made MP is gonna be dull. (IMO)

I'll see if I can make the textures near the ground a little more dirty.

For the type of the level: I don't know yet... If I can get NPS to work in MP then it will become MP, elsewise I would really think about it again- perhaps just release it both ways...

Archived