Home

buttons

patchx

does anyone know how the buttons r supposed to work?

i sorta blundered my way into nearly figuring it out but my button moves to the left when i press it in game instead of changing textures or whatever it's supposed to do to show its been activated.

-patch

You can't get func_buttons to change textures. They just move in a direction that you set, and activate a target.

This is how Raven made the buttons that change texture:

What they actually made were func_usables which, when triggered, instantly disappear. They creat two that occupy the same space. However, one is set to 'start off' Then, they creat an invisble trigger_multiple (or trigger_once) That's the trigger that runs the script, opens the door, etc. It also triggers both of the func_usables, causing one to disapear as the other appears, and making it look like the texture switched.

Hope that helps.

hmmm

so ideally it would make the buttons move inward to appear to have been pushed in?

so i have to change the direction the buttons moving in then and probably how far its moving

know how to do that?

-patch

I know how to do it in EFRadiant... Let me check it in JK2R....

It's the same:

Make your func_button, and with it selected, press 'N'

That brings up the entity info window. You'll see at the bottom of it a set of buttons labeled "360, 270, 90, etc" Pressing those sets the angle that your button should move when activated. You can also get it to move up or down with the 'up/dn' keys next to those.

To change the distance it travels, use the key 'lip' and the value 'x'

X being any number.

The Lip is how much the button sticks out of the wall when it goes in. A lip of 0 would make it flush with the wall when activated, but you'd get a nasty effect because jk2 would try to draw both planes (the wall and the front of the button) at once. A negative value will make the button travel farther back into the wall. Experiment with it to get the effect you want.

Archived