Home

God Damn It.

The Immortal

I see everyone going ga ga over the development tools and level editing and texture editing and models and so on and so forth.

That's all wonderful.

I haven't seen one of you ask, nor have I seen Raven or LucasArts, mention *ANYTHING* about a

C I N E M A T I C S E D I T O R or "how" to make a movie or cutscene inside of Jedi Knight II.

Please tell me I'm a complete tool, just like the ones youve released heh, and I'm missing something, and the way to make cutscenes and -extended length movies- is in the radiant editor or somehow tied in with that.

If it's not, SHAME on the person who decided not to allow the public to have this ability through tools or otherwise!

(I'm assuming theres no editor so here it comes)

Why does every game company do this. There's 15 bazillion games before this one that I really wish I had a movie editor for.

Wolfenstein, Aliens Vs. Predator, Quake3 (HAH dream on), etc etc etc.

Again it is an actual ART FORM at http://www.machinima.com if you'll look.

What is the deciding factor EVERY TIME that makes whoevers in charge go "uhh no, dont give them the cinema tools.. thats like giving our game away..."

SO WHAT

IN A YEAR EVERYONE WILL HAVE SOURCE TO YOUR GAME.

EVEN I WILL, AND I COULDNT WRITE A LINE OF CODE TO SAVE MY LIFE.

Somebody set me straight and tell me I've just gone off about nothing. And perhaps point me in the right direction.

I really thought Raven was going to come thru like champs and be the first to finally break down and offer level and mod developers this feature.

Say I want to make a level where I walk in on a platoon full of (bot) storm troopers with their back turned while being breifed. Like metal gear 2 or something. I want a nifty intro where it shows my dude creeping on in just walking like nothings going on, and whistle to them all or cuss them out and it makes them turn and start firing. Dude lights his saber and blocks a few, and flips out of view. ---now its you playing

That's just off the top of my head.

Makes any level twice as good if you can force an intro to it.

-The Immortal

http://www.jedilords.com

You want the scripting tools. IIRC, JK2 uses the ICARUS2 scripting language. You need the JK2 equivilent of BehaveED (for Elite force) It allows you to make scripts, which control all kinds of things, including the cinematics.

And, AFAIK, Raven hasn't finished releasing all the tools yet. So just be patient. ;)

Uh.

Radiant (and the Q3A engine) rule for cinematics.

Try doing some research on using the camera.

And check out the bones in that skull. These models were designed for facial animation.

If you're a follower of machinima.com (which everyone should be), there's plenty of good tutorials on making movies using the Q3A engine. Hell, Quad God was made with it.

And let me recommend: http://www.strangecompany.org/Projects/utilities.htm.

Q3A has plenty of support for aspiring machinamakers.

No no, if you do not have a direct DEMO EDITOR for the game it is not machinima. I do not want to tape a movie in game, flying around like a lamer in god mode using all these commands to clean up my camera view / console. Or have live actors (10+) all have to take places and act out their parts. I could never organize such a thing. Theres maybe 10 people in the world who even know what machinima IS.

I am not looking for an .AVI here, I want to be able to play it back in the game as a demo file or, if i must and its the only way, inside a bsp.

I've made a million movies with quake2 and keygrip2.

I'm still frequently working with those to make long movies.

I would pay good money the second time around, for a similar utility for Jedi Knight II. I have only seen one quake3 movie, quad god. I sure hope that isn't the height of support for q3a machinimistZ!

If I am the MAN, and say I know everything about Icarus and Radiant, could I aquire and use both, _right now_ to make my own shiz? If so, where do I get me some ICARUS scripting language...?

Thanks and peace and love

Archived