Home

Why don't we get a to use RGB to choose our saber color?

Hellshock

hmmm... i think that if we could use RGB colors for our lightsabers, the dark/light sided saber idea would fade. what i mean is that normally dark jedis and siths use red type sabers, while jedis use green, blue and... pink sabers.

the ability to use RGB would make it possible to create hybrid of a light/dark side saber.

maybe this sounds like total crap... and maybe it is! because i cant see another reason why it should be forbidden to use RGB colored sabers... maybe because they would have to program it into the game... which would take another load of time

...I had heard that it was suggested for MP. But when I look at the artwork and the way the sabers are constructed ( try r_showTris 1 to see what I mean )..it would have doubled the overdraw of each saber. Maybe not a big deal, but crap cards can't handle much overdraw.

And now to stray off topic....

Welcome to the fun world of the huge spectrum of PC hardware out there...

I don't blame developers at all for not making hugely scalable games. I also wouldn't be sorry to see PC games go away for the same reason...I'd much rather spend 300 dollars every couple of years to buy a new top-o'-the-line console to play games that are guaranteed to work and are heavily optimized for said system.....than pay 1500 dollars every couple of years for a PC and then not have every game work properly because of nasty driver issues....or not have the game be able to take take advantage of my latest and greatest hardware.

Before you slam me...the only reason I play PC games is because I have a kick a@@ computer at work...heh. :)

PC vs. Console...

I understand exactly where you're coming from, Rancor.

But the only reason I haven't bought a console yet is that I find that PC games tend to look better and have more BRAINS. Do you all know what I mean?

My neighbor's kid can beat the snot out of me at some console games simply because he can mash the buttons faster than me.

PC games tend to require a little more thinking and they tend to look better too. PC monitors have a much higher resolution than TV screens. I'd hate to give that up. Sitting at my computer is so much more engaging to me than sitting on my sofa with a controller in my hand.

There was a rep from XBox at the last MMOG developer's conference. He was asking developers what it would take to win over the MMOG audience to consoles. I wish I would have been there to tell him that I think that consoles would rob us of something very appealing about gaming.

M.

The whole "Bad guys only use red lightsabers" thing is something that is only true of the movies.

Ever play the original Jedi Knight? I rest my case.

So it really shouldn't matter.

Or are you one of those guys who say that a person using a Stormtrooper skin shouldn't be allowed to use the Force?

; p

Lol well actually, there was something I read somewhere about the guys using the dark side of the force having red sabers because of something to do with them using a different type of crystal. I *think* it's mentioned in EP2...

And of course stormtroopers shouldn't be able to use force ;) but then again, could just be Luke in his stormy outfit...

'You're awfully short for a stormtrooper' Lol love that line, awful sexual connotations attached to it too :D

I think it was said earlier in here, that originally Lucas wanted all the good guys to have Blue sabers and all the bad guys to have red ones.

It was simply so you could go "He has a red saber, he's a bad guy".

Then Luke lost his saber in Episode V, and had to construct a new one. It came out green. But why was it green? Because a blue saber wouldn't show up good against the sky backdrop for the Jabba's barge fight thing. (Note: before this, all lightsaber use was restricted to indoor areas).

So, there you have it. Blue and Red were the only two lightsabers there were originally supposed to be, then green was added so we could see what Luke was doing with his saber.

Why was purple added for Mace Windu? Sam asked for one.

And the books have gone and used almost every color imaginable for sabers from topaz to cherry red and so forth (I know, red was mentioned before, for the movies).

As for the RGB saber select. It would be cool, especially since it would give everyone a more personalized saber type. However, when you break it down, all the different saber colors would be are just variations in brightness on what we have now.

P.S. I am aware my grammar sucks. It happens after a couple days with no sleep. :)

Archived