Home

Compile NO BSP

Dross

I have a level that I built all brushes in GTK radiant.. Loading just fine in jkradiant. Compiling says it's done really fast and then there's no BSP. I've seen plenty of people wondering the same thing, but I see no answer! I'm running WIN XP with GTK 1.26. Jeez and the radiant they used is a really old version. Or at least the one they puked out to us. The thing doens't even compile anything. I know it has something to do with folders and registry. I sure hope GTK supports JK2 soon ;P

PS I tried sof2map in dos prompt.. i get nothing but beeps when trying to compile.

Try using a batfile that contains this :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

Hi all,

Ok Ok I think I figured it out. You must run BSP twice to create a BSP file. I have no idea why; perhaps it has to do with win xp. Here is what I needed to do in order to creat a BSP file.

1) Save the file in Radiant to your maps folder

2) select a bsp option and run it

3) a dialog box will appear; minimize it (don't close it)

4) Run the same BSP option again and a BSP file will be created.

Then in JKII

open the console (shift ~) and type

set sv_pure 0

devmap mymapname

and all should work

If anyone knows why BSP must be run twice, I'd like to hear about it.

Originally posted by UniKorn

Try using a batfile that contains this :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/duel_wls2.map

Well I tried using that, modifiying it ofcourse to this: E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map

E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast

E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map

E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 E:\games\starwars jk ii jedi outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map

I can't see what it's doing it goes by so fast.. Is there any way to get Win XP not to close dos apps right after they are opened? I know there's a tick option on some shortcuts, but on a bat file?

Well thanks anyway!

Originally posted by Muzzlehead

Hi all,

Ok Ok I think I figured it out. You must run BSP twice to create a BSP file. I have no idea why; perhaps it has to do with win xp. Here is what I needed to do in order to creat a BSP file.

1) Save the file in Radiant to your maps folder

2) select a bsp option and run it

3) a dialog box will appear; minimize it (don't close it)

4) Run the same BSP option again and a BSP file will be created.

Then in JKII

open the console (shift ~) and type

set sv_pure 0

devmap mymapname

and all should work

If anyone knows why BSP must be run twice, I'd like to hear about it.

Hey there.. are you running Windows XP? If I run any kind of BSP, it flashes by really fast. I can't run 2 of them at the same time. If I just run 2 of them, I still don't get a BSP. Darn gonna run to class now, no time to test!

PS I have made a few maps with GTK and Q3 so I'm not exactly a newbie, but n00b to this editor yes. It's compiler is greek!

Later D..

I was having some similar bsp trouble and my problem was that I simply was not allowing the editor to finish compiling. When you hit bsp FullVis, you'll see a DOS window pop up with a few lines of text and it will appear to not be doing anything. What you should do is wait for the DOS window to close itself, because if you close the window by hitting the "x" icon in the upper right corner, you'll interrupt the compiling process.

Mike Gummelt told me that, "In certain operating systems, the output from the compiler does not print to the DOS window, it prints to a junk.txt file (the DOS or Radiant window should say where that is). What I do is make a shortcut to that file in my Radiant dir or desktop so I can always check it to see how far along it is or what went wrong if it doesn't compile." I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, so I would assume that's an XP thing.

Originally posted by Brandon

I was having some similar bsp trouble and my problem was that I simply was not allowing the editor to finish compiling. When you hit bsp FullVis, you'll see a DOS window pop up with a few lines of text and it will appear to not be doing anything. What you should do is wait for the DOS window to close itself, because if you close the window by hitting the "x" icon in the upper right corner, you'll interrupt the compiling process.

Mike Gummelt told me that, "In certain operating systems, the output from the compiler does not print to the DOS window, it prints to a junk.txt file (the DOS or Radiant window should say where that is). What I do is make a shortcut to that file in my Radiant dir or desktop so I can always check it to see how far along it is or what went wrong if it doesn't compile." I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, so I would assume that's an XP thing.

Hi Brandon,

Well when I do any compile(full or fastvis) the dos prompt pops up and it says in jktradiant "==================

Running bsp command...

E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map

E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/jk1test.map

completed.

Run time was 0 hours, 0 minutes and 1 seconds"

Searching for junk.txt leads to nothing but the ones for Quake 3.

I have Windows XP pro btw.

I am at a loss why this doens't work. I never had problems with Q3 like this.

I investigated into the project settings/menu commands and for bsp(fastvis) -no light this is the command it uses:

E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp $ && E:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast $

Maybe I have to have it installed into program files? I hope not. Can someone that isn't having problems look in there and see what the path is? LOL if you're not having problems then why would you be here? hehehe

:p

Originally posted by UsEr-X-

This will solve your problem but it will cost you. Uninstall JKO and then delete its folder (yes your gonna lose your savegames). Then reinstall JKO and reinstall the SDK it will work its what i had to do.

UsEr-X-:fett:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...LOL.. I guess I'll try it. Thanks. I could back up my save games right?

Later D.. :(

Alright there are little options left at this point. I have uninstalled JKII, deleted the whole directory and deleted ALL instances in the registry. Reinstalled under the base program files/bla bla defualt automatic install. Installed tools. Ran JK2Radiant, first time didn't run.. showed in task manager(WINXP PRO), had to close it and open again. It finally opens, open CTF Bespin map hit compile and I radiant shows this in the Log: ==================

Running bsp command...

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/ctf_bespin.map

completed.

Run time was 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

:confused: :confused: :confused:

No BSP file.

I know there are others with this same problem. I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT one way or another. :p

Later,

D

Anyone having trouble with compiling?

Figured it out!

The problem is spaces in folder names. See JK2Radiant makes the q3ebsp.bat, and trying to run it, it or Windows XP doesn't like the star wars jk ii outcast folder name. This is a peice of crap name for a folder anyway. Rename it to SWJK2. Or reinstall into there. I ran this batfile:

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2ma

p -bsp C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\\base/maps/bla.map C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\\base/maps/bla.map C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\\base/maps/bla.map

And it worked!

You need to make sure your installation matches mine. To make this batch file, make a new txt document, put this in and edit, save, then rename .bat

Later,

D

Archived