Home

Seemingly simple question about custom music

Daveman

Hello all... let me preface this by saying I'm a complete newbie when it comes to editing and such. I've always played games, never really tinkered with em.

Anyway, I really enjoy the Ladder, but not the music. I have a great mp3 of "Duel of the Fates" and want to replace "Smack my Bitch Up". I had read that the pk3 files are essentially ZIP files and had a look with WinZip. I swapped the mp3s but that didn't do the trick. I renamed the DoTF mp3 to smack thinking that would do the trick but nadda.

Any editing-for-dummies tips would be appreciated! If nothing else I got the impression this shouldn't be too hard to do and feel like I'm close. Do any of the tools in the official editing set provide a simple way to do this?

In the Ladder's case, the smack.mp3 is located within its own music folder inside the zip. Check its properties to see which subfolder it's (any file) under.

To replace smack, just rename your DotF mp3 to smack.mp3. Place it in a folder called "music". Zip the folder up in pk3 format (make sure you keep the folder extension option on), and call that zip "ladder2.pk3". You can essentailly name it anything you want, just so that it alphabetically comes after ladder.pk3.

There you go. That should work.

Archived