Home

Map with doors

kanehart

All you have to do is make a brush to be your door, then select it, right click, and from the menu select func_door. Then you'll need to hit N (with the door still selected) to bring up the entity window. In that window, use the angle or up/down buttons to select the direction the door will move (for sliding doors). Radiant will automatically figure out how far to move the door, so don't worry about that. Also, if you want the door to make a sound, you'll have to choose a soundset to place in the key/value fields. I recommend impdoor1, it's what I use for all of my normal doors. This will get you a basic door that opens when you come near it. If you want to set the door to open by switches, do the same, but add the brushes for the switches (make them func_usable), or add a brush in front of the switch using the trigger texture and make that a trigger_multiple. Either way, select the trigger_multiple (or the switch if using a func_usable), then select the door (you MUST select the switch or trigger first, otherwise the game will think the door is a switch; also, do a shift+ctrl+click on the editing window before doing this or it may not make the link) and hit ctrl+k. This should link the two entities, and if it has you'll see a line with arrows along it going from the switch to the door. There are other parameters you'll probably want to play with, but this will get you the basic function. Hope this helps.

Archived