Home

Can't see my Server on the list.

ShannonKnight

Okay i have browsed through some threads on this topic but i found no solution for it.

All was fine until i created a home lan network. Now i have 2 network adapters and therefore 2 IP's on my PC.

If i have both cards working (I'm using Win XP) and i start a dedicated internet server, i get the lan ip: 192.168.0.1 assigned. So i figured out thats why no one can see my server. So i deactivated the other network adapter and only the one running i'm using for the internet. When i start a dedicated server now i get my correct internet ip, but still after running the server for 2 hours no one connected. When i start a new game while running my dedicated server on the same maching and i try to locate me, i find me only local server and not in the internet list. It also says (UDP) after my server in the local list. Has this to do something with it?

I read about threads that the master server can handle only some servers. (I checked it and yes i can see more servers on GameSpy and no i still can't see me)

So my question is how the f*** can get my server running AND let others see it.

I'm using WinXP (as stated above), I use no Firewall, neither an extern one nor the WinXp pre installed.

Anyone any suggestions?

P.S.: Forgive me any spelling mistakes, since english is not my native language. Hope this makes sense at all.

Well LucasArts said that only dedicated servers will show up on the list but I see you said you were running a dedicated server. I haven't emailed them about that but I think I also tried running a dedicated server and it didn't show up either. Your probably not going to find anybody here who knows how to fix (IF there even is a fix). I suggest you contact Tech Support if you haven't done so already. And let us know what they say when they get back to you.

I tried again today and started a dedicated server. (Changed nothin to yesterday) And it worked!!! I still couldn't find my server but some ppls joined me, although i had the weird lan ip: 192.168.0.1

I asked them how they found me and they simply saw me ingame. Strange huh?

Archived