Home

gMAX and uv mapping

k3po

i have made my model made the mats and uv mapped and then i export to md3. but the md3 viewer app won't display the textures. is it because there is 5 differant texture files. or is it becasue ther is several differantmeshes in one file? or am i doing something wrong here. it's a new lightsaber handle. thanx.

neither of those should bork a thing. ive used models with tons of meshes and 12 different texture files w/o fail. any other symptoms? could it be your tex files arent compatible w/ the model viewer?

-Tems

did it give you an error or did it just "not work"?

I know when I create an md3, I use another program called milkshape3d. To compile the md3, you have to have a qc file (a control script that tells the compiler where the default textures are for each model part, and some info about frames, etc...)

If the qc file has the path correctly displayed for those graphics, then it should be fine after you compile it. Another suggestion might be to put your files in the same directory structure as you would use in JediKnight2 (example: base/models/players/MODELNAME)

I was able to get any md3 to show the correct textures as long as I compiled it right with the qc file...

to export to md3 in the full gmax toolset i took the export plugin from the tempest gamepak and put it in the gmax plugin directory.

i didn't get any errors it just brought up this white blob that looked like my model that i made. the export plugin is pop n fresh beta5. thanx.

oh, i don't have milkshape3d is there any other app that will work?

i made the model in blender, and exported to dxf. is there another app that i can uv map textures then export md3. I downloaded aztec but there are no manuals or help files. any other FREEWARE app i can use?

Archived