Home

Advice please...

Nill the Mean

In about a months time I'm going to upgrade my system.

My current system is:

P3 866

384 SDRAM

Geforce 2 MX 200

20 GB Hard disk

Etc...

Anyone got any recommendations as to what I should do to get the best performance boost? I was thinking about getting a Geforce 3 TI 64MB... would that make much of a difference?

JK2 Runs totally smooth for me apart from the swamp levels and certain huge areas.

that system is really pretty balanced, a GF2GTS or Ultra would be more fitting, but a GF3 is overshooting it really,

remember when you upgrade your processor that AMD is better for home use and gaming.

but, if your just gonna upgrade your video card, it'd be a better value to get a GF3 of some sort, than a GF4 or 2, if you had the money to put into a GF4, then you could reasonably advance it to your next system, without crapifying things.

But would a Geforce 3 offer a substansial frame rate improvement over a better Geforce 2 than I have now? Or would my system not be able to make the best use of a Geforce 3? You said I might be overshooting it, but my system runs pretty well due to heavy system maintenance.

And (I must sound pretty stupid by now) what would make more difference: if I upgrade my processor or my video card?

Archived