Home

Unit editing

Is there any way to modify unit attributes other than using triggers? When I use triggers to modify a units HP, the units HP accumulates by a multiple of the designated amount when I create additional units using the triggers. (ie. HP increase is 100. When unit one is created, its HP is +100; unit two is created its HP is +100 but unit one HP is now +200; unit 3 is created, its HP is +100 and now unit one is +300 and unit two is +200). Is there any way to keep this from happening or is there a way to directly modify unit attributes so that the change in attributes won't have a cumulative effect when creating additional units of the same type?

You should set the area of effect to the cell that you are creating the unit it.

Of course, this would also effect any other units of that type that were there.

It depends on your scenario but you could "lock" the other units out of the area that you are creating them in, for instance - have them in a "room" with a gate as the only way in.

Create the unit, adjust the HP, unlock gate, move them out of the room, lock gate.

I don't think that comp players try unlocking it...

Alternatively, you could create an object to block any units from re-entering the area where you are creating them, destroy it when you want to let the new unit out and re-create to lock.

TBH tho, if you have an "open" design, they will probably wander off anyway so you might just get away with giving them a little nudge by moving them away in the first place but not bother with locking the area out.

Probably confused matters, sorry. :holosid:

Archived