Home

Resident Evil 2 Hunk skin

Atreyu

Heya, fellas.

I just finished a skin for JKII. The first I've ever made for any PC game. Just wanted to show you guys. I submitted it to jkii.net earlier this evening, but I want to add custom sounds to him as well. Some of you may know him, most probably won't. His name's Hunk from Resident Evil 2 (aka the 4th survivor). I just thought he was a cool character, so I decided to skin him up. Here's what he looks like. Hopefully you'll be able to download him soon!

hunk_collage01a.jpg

He also has red and blue team colors ready to go! :D I may add an Umbrella logo to his back since it's relatively dull compared to the front of his vest. Let me know what you think about that and the skin as a whole. I used the shadow trooper model for his body style.

Hah hah!

Good, some people who know who Hunk is!! Good stuff. I just tested the sounds, and they all work great! Straight from the game too. All of his wound and death sounds are straight from RE2 (with exception to his falling down a large pit sound). Here's a screenshot I just took with some of my buddies' help:

hunk_final07.jpg

I'll update you guys in the future.

Okay, I'm about to resubmit this zip to JKII.net again, but I am impatient and want to share it right away, so I uploaded the zip to one of my websites. The link to download this zip (hunk skin with sounds) is:

http://www.furnation.com/killerkabob/hunk.zip

Just unzip all the files into the GameData folder and you'll be ready to try him out.

Enjoy! :D

thanks for the reply. ;) Glad you like it!

I have a question though...I finally tested my model with team FFA and for some reason, the skin wouldn't show up, but the custom sounds I made for it did. It appears that my skin only works in FFA and not Team FFA. Quite bizarre...I've tried several things, but nothing's worked. Is there something I need to change in a config file in order for Team FFA to recognize the colored skins? If you know, I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Otherwise, enjoy the skin in FFA. :D

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. ;)

I don't want an evil discussion to break out over this or anything. I thought the movie was okay. Much better than I expected..but after seeing the new rollerball in theaters? I lowered all my standards for all movies so I wouldn't get my hopes crushed. Then again, I never cared about rollerball to begin with...arg, whatever.

Anyway, yeah, umbrella's evil, but I think that's the point. ;) Hunk, the poor guy, is just doing his job. And I gotta pay hommage to his awesomeness. Just cause he looks like a badass in his swat gear.

As requested, I made some adjustments to Hunk.

I've increased the contrast in his uniform and added an umbrella patch to the back of his vest. Even though he doesn't have it in the game, his back looked rather bland. So I just went ahead and added it.

Here are some screenshots:

20.jpg21.jpg

And you can download the newly updated skin (with all sounds included) right here:

http://www.furnation.com/killerkabob/hunk.zip

All the kinks are FINALLY worked out. He is now playable (and visible) in Team FFA modes. He has a default, blue, and red icon.

The file is 1.56 mb large. Enjoy! Again, any more suggestions for updates are greatly appreciated!

One last thing...to install good old Hunk here, just unzip the hunk.zip into your GameData folder. That should take care of everything including the sounds. Make sure that it's the GameData folder though! Otherwise, the skin won't show up.

Atreyu!!!!!!!!! your name rocks; from a great movie. I love RE and the movie was good and your skin rocks!!!! *catches breath* now you need to make mor RE skins like a zombie, or Chris or Jill using Jan's model or something. PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! *catches breath...again* pant pant

Yeah, I know what you mean, Septic. I tried the best I could with the head. It looked even worse before I modified it, in my opinion. I'm not sure if you've ever played RE2, but hunk has red eyes, at least with the mask on for extra bad-assness. If I actually wanted to put that much time into making this look perfect, I would. But, it's my first skin, and considering I'm using a pre-made model of the shadow troopers, I had to do the best I could with what resources I had. The shadow trooper's neck is so damned long.

As for the 'sheep skin' that was taken directly from a metal texture on a website I found. I see where you're coming from. It does look a bit awkward, but the head's the hardest part to texture on the thing. Anyway, no excuses, I know. If I really wanted it to look perfect, I would have invested the time into it. But under the circumstances, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.

Capcom Dave, heh, I agree. NeS is probably my favorite movie of all time. I may get some slack for it on here (not sure) but I love it to death. Brings back old memories. And thanks for the kind words. Just to let you all know, I may be doing a leeloo model from the 5th element with sounds as well. GOTTA have sounds. Default sounds get old. ;) Anyway, sorry the skin may not have met everyone's expectations, but at least Hunk's there for you all to mess with.

Archived