Home

How do you make a realistic sky?

Reelo

You need to builkd a skybox, here how to do it (roughly)

1. load up textures called skies, making sure that the show shader box is ticked. Find the sky type you want etc, bespin and click on the associated shader file NOT the indevidual sky pictures.

2. Draw a brush surrounding your world, mazking sure it covers the area and hit hollow.

3. now the boundary walls will have a funny texcture to them, when you go ingame they will be the right pictures...

hope this helps

Belial

ps. sorry for bad english here and grammar but just got up lol

Hey thanks, I'm just not thinking anymore! An entire box around the map, thats a simple yet pretty good idea!

Most of the time I just make like a board outside the window, in which you can see past when you get close.

But one question though, how do you get the texture as one FULLY wrapped picture that takes each side? Wouldn't you see the corners?

You said that you should click on the file name, not the picture.

But the only thing I can see is the picture, unless you mean that tiny word above the picture which leads to the photo anyway.

And you say you should try different textures? Okay.

I tried the gloomy pink one, and they seem to clash on each other in the box's edges on each face. Do you know how to make them merge?

Cause I saw how they did it in the game, pretty nifty. It all merges into one big picture, apart from the bottom face.

Wish it would work like that....

-Reelo

Originally posted by mapmaker

Keep in mind that quite a few of the sky shader are broken and/or not many people know how to use them. So if it doesn't work, try a different one.

I've managed to work out how the sky shaders work, but I'm now having trouble finding a working one. Originally I was using one of the space skies in my test map, and it was working beautifully.

For some reason, that shader no longer works, and shows as just white in my map. have any of the people who've been 'fixing' the shaders thought about submitting them so they can be downloaded? I think it'd help a lot of people out.

Eeeeeh, okay

So you click on that funny looking blue and black patched box, not the photo?

...Aaah, forget it. I'll just grab the manual (oh yeah, forgot. the link is dead). Oh well....

:Reelo

p.s: Thanks for the time

Archived