Home

Roleplay potential?

hyrit

Yes, I realize I'm probably going to get flamed into oblivion for this, but I've been wondering too long... Is there, or do you think there will be, any kind of roleplaying community in JO? I normally don't even think about it for FPS games, but this is sort of an exception...

Main reason I bring it up is because hey...this is Star Wars. If any series could get people to roleplay in a FPS, this is probably it. I once saw a roleplaying server for The Opera(a Halflife mod that is in the style of Hong Kong Blood Operas), and it was sort of fun to put away the twin desert eagles and just chill in the nightclub map. I can't help but think how fun that could be in JO.

I saw mention before of some Jedi Academy starting...is that going to be more of a clan than anything else?

And of course one last thing...yes I realize this is not Everquest, Ultima Online, or any others. And no, I do not have a life. :D

I wouldn't say I'm dying to do it, just wondering if it's going on out there somewhere. Usually with a game this well known, there's *some* group doing it. Heck, I remember it being done in X-Wing vs TIE Fighter...and that's a freaking flight(?) sim.

If not role play... playing a role. Maybe people don't do this anymore but I think this game would lend itself exceptionally well to Quake movies.

People used to make some really good quake movies. Love to see some done with JKO. Voice overs... musical score... that'd be sweet!

Archived