Home

kinda disappointed with the mods/maps lately...

enderWiggin6

i have to admit, i'm somewhat disappointed with the mods/maps coming out lately. i thought for sure as soon as the sdk was released we'd start seeing the good stuff that people really want, ie jk1 and mots maps, real models of darth maul, vader, old ben, etc... i mean, the few maps that have been released are damn cool, don't get me wrong, but i'm just surprised, i thought people were already all over the classics, just waiting for the sdk to be released to put the finishing touches on. hell, isn't there some sort of way to convert the old models, of course they're much lower poly-wise than they should be, but its a start.

all you modders/modelers/map makers out there, please keep up the good work and let us run around the cargo ship darth vader style....hehehe.

ender.

i think most of the people that are willing to do such mod/models are waiting for the SDK to see what it can do and what options they have a developers rather than working on something they think they can finish once the SDK is released (but since the SDK maybe hasn't got the features required they can't finish their projects)

thus i think that the really good mods will come out in a few months/weeks, just like the really good maps

Well , I think the new maps are pretty good. The temple is a classic i reckon for Dueling and Carbon Freeze is one of my favs for the purpose of fighting in a actual star wars scenery and used for dueling as well. I play on Duel servers more than FFA or CTF , so prefer close combat and small compact maps. But i aint dissappointed so far with any of the skins or maps.

I think it's all pretty good too but there's only so many dueling boxes a person can stand. While the maps that have come out so far look cool, they are essentially clones of each other in that there's no variety. What I'am waiting on are some good FFA/Team FFA and CTF/CTY maps to hit the scene.

Yea, soon the maps will be coming out in the bucket-loads..... Then we will all be in a frenzy for downloading the latest maps....

As far as the mods go, Im eagerly (hope i spelt it right!) waiting BadKarma's mod, a class-base starwars ctf... looks good!

Archived