Home

chooseable saber-handles: possible???

Luuke

it would be cool, if you could choose your saber handle just like you can choose the color of your saber or the model you play in multiplayer. i don't care wether you choose the handle independetly or if a specific model has it's own saber-handle, but it would be much better than all the models having the same handle!

has anyone tried to do something like that???

Originally posted by Irimi-Ai

i could write a script to do that. i don't do modelling or skinning at all, so someone else would have to make them.

Irimi-Ai

Wouldn't you need some kind of saber avatar image for the different saber hilts on the menu selection screen, similar to the saber colour change one?

actually i was talking about SP. in SP, no, you wouldn't need a menu for it.

in MP, it could be done without scripting, but it would take a while to for me to do it, and that would be after the new saber hilt skins/models were created.

Irimi-Ai

well, a mod for multiplayer would be really great! a model for luke's saber is already in the game, and the new Vader by sithlord-II will also have a saber. and creating new saber-handles isn't really difficult, a matter of only a few hours.

would you do such a mod, Irimi-Ai?

i'd be willing to do such a mod. however, adding to and smashing bugs in my animation mod has top priority. second priority is a another mod i will be working on with some other people. then, if there is any time left i would work on this kind of mod.

in general i have no interest in modeling, skinning, or mapping, even if creating new hilts takes only a few hours. i like to stick to scripting, coding, and animations. so again, all hilt skins and models would have to be made by other people. if other people want to make those hilt skins/models for such a mod, that would be fine. but also remember that it would be my third priority in terms of modding, and thus might take longer or may be cut.

Irimi-Ai

Whatcha need for a mod is a blade style thingy. you wanna use the disintigration effect (full power sniper shot) on the enemies body parts as you hack em up with the saber. add some vampire models and a blade skin, couple of guns that have the same disintigration effect an you have a kickass visual mod.

We are slowly working on this already for our mod, The Golden Age.

Nothing of interest there yet. But we are working on making sabers fully customizable. We will be including around 40-60 new hilts, as well as a packed program that will let you make your own hilt and import it into our mod. And yes, that does include RGB sabers, and Single, Dual-Bladed, and 2 Saber action as well.

That shouldn't be too hard. A .cfg should be easy enough to code up: Each player/person would have to edit it to taste, however: i.e: key binds to change the saber, and you'd have to type in the name of the files you wanted to change (If say, you downloaded custom sabers, but DIDN'T overwrite the SP one)

-Darth Caedes-

Archived