Home

Playing for fun vs. perfection . . .

NewBJedi

I've learned not to focus on being the best scoring person in JK2.

When I played QW (DM, Rune, TF, Matador, etc), and Q3 CTF/DM I'd often score at the very top or second at the end of each match.

Eventually it simply gets boring to be better than most people.

Now with JK2 I just play mostly for fun - sure learn the moves and skills, but I take it much more slowly and have fun with tricks and things.

Anyone else doing this with games as well?

Just curious ...

Heh, if you care about style, I'd suggest that you play Action Half-Life or Opera instead of CS. Im all for style, especially in duels. Not to say that frags (or more precisely: winning) are completely meaningless when you go fore the style. Its hard to look cool if you are dying all the time, after all.

Completely owning everyone gets old fast. Having a long and stylish swordfight with all sorts of cool stunts and moves doesn't.

I said it a bit too harsly, I didn't mean that its completely impossible to play CS stylishly. I meant that there is a lot more emphasis on the style on those other mods. I never liked CS much (and I did try every version except the very latest ones), but that is beside the point.

i play team ffa's or ffa's with and without guns. i've had the game since the first week, and started playing MP a week after i got the game, and i sucked ass at it. i was getting drained, so i started using the saber only against drain/grip/lightning, and only healing. i started being able to beat the dran grippers with only the saber, then i picked apart all of the other cheap tricks, until i could beat them all with the saber, fairly consistently. and then i learned guns, and it was all over :p i started to get bored, now i go whole games only saber, only sniping, only pushing and stuff. its fun :)

Archived