Home

Finished my model...now what?

Railgundan

I'm new to modeling for games in general, but I have experience in a lot of 3d editors. Ok, I finished the model I want in Milkshape (assuming this is the correct program I have to use if I want to put my model into JKII), and I want to know whats the next step from there? I've been searching around the message boards, but the info is kinda vague and the steps aren't listed in order I think. Can anyone help me as to the next steps necessary? This model will require a new skeletal system also (I think). BTW what's a decent polycount/triangle count for such player models? Thanks.

well first of all, your model wil stay in milkshape untill theres a xsi export/importer... but if you have 3ds max, u can use the one that comes with sdk, but any who

you would ahve to segment, and tag your model (read thread on this should be top 5..)

then you would have to weigh the vertexes to the bones(i think theres a "special" modle to asign vertex to?)

then you would ahve your model fully animated after a succesful battle... and play it in game... of course, this has skipped skinning stage... but if u ahve it not skinned, dot hat before u do thi..

oh yeh make 4 lods, 1 with your highest poly count, 1 with lower.. then last with very low..

Archived