Jedi Outcast vs. Medal of Honour  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi Outcast vs. Medal of Honour

• Jedi Outcast
    • Medal of Honour

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to put another plug in for Deus Ex.

BEST game I have ever played. The fact that it was innovative, executed well, and had variety makes it miles ahead of any other single person FPS out there that I have encountered.

The only potential threats to it's reign as my personal favoriteare Halo (for the PC - when it finally comes out; damn Microsoft for stealing it for the X-Box first) and Deus Ex 2.

Originally posted by davalb

You are right but the majority of easy-play gamers like the simplicity of just running around and killing people doom style. they do not like the complexity of having to figure out all of the force powers and the saber strategies. point shoot games are the best for them i guess.

don't get me wrong, I think that you are absolutely right in that JO is amazing. It is one of the best games that I have ever played in my life, but some people just can't grasp it

This is the very reason why stupid politicians are so powerful. :)

Originally posted by Wicket the Ewok

PC Gamer UK reviewed the game about 2 months before it went gold. The only reason they gave it 92% was because if they didn't no-one would ever give them world exclusive reviews ever again.

Look at their sister magazine, Edge. Reviewed the game about 3 months later and gave it a pitiful 4/10.

I think 4/10 is a bit harsh, maybe 6/10 would be fairer. JO suffered from appalling level design, an incredibly dull first 3 levels (the levels where you're supposed to be drawing the player in, not discourage them from continuing!) and the worst selection of guns ever.

MOH:AA lacked a decent plot but the levels where varied, fun and well thought out. Multiplayer is pretty fun too. Not worth 95% (perhaps 90%) but still waaaaay better than JO.

*Force grips you*

The MP maps are the best I've ever played in any game - I've played em all from Quake to Tribes to RTS's.

FiringSquad and Gamespot and other reviewers disagree with you...

Look here:

http://www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/awards.htm

Anyhow, you are just wrong.

Yes, it's possible to be wrong in life.

Jk2 rocks - and that's a fact. :cool:

A review is just that.. someone's opinion. You don't have to agree or disagree. The way I see it, anybody who's played a game is authorized to write a review. If it's well written I'll read it, even if I don't agree, just to get another point of view, but in the end, what you like is what you like.

Maybe you can't put it into words, sometimes that's true too. These guys get paid to write reviews, and sometimes they're biased, but that often can't be helped, like I said, a game might be awesome, but you just don't like it (then it's important to say WHY) and a game might be mediocre, but you liked it just the same. Some reviewers take other games that came out around the same time into account, others rate a game on its own merits.

I take most entertainment reviews with a grain of salt, especially if I've already consumed the actual product, and have formed my own opinion. If I haven't, I check out multiple reviews, but ultimately it's up to me to decide.

In the case of a game with no demo, it's kind of tough if you're looking to buy the game, but then I guess you can always go by a friend's opinion of the game. Maybe you trust them more than the guy behind the desk (or computer screen). ; )

And incidentally, I think it's good that a game gets both good and bad reviews (even if everybody thinks one side is "wrong") because they (assuming they are honest) will give their reasons why, so a prospective buyer can weigh those in mind. Like one person might love the game and harp on how great the saber combat is, or another person might hate the game and point out the tedium and annoyance of the puzzles. After reading both, you'll see strengths and weaknesses of the game (again, assuming they are honest).

Archived