Home

Episode I Battle Droid

Madjai

well ive almost completed my model for the battle droid and was wondering whats next? What am i supposed to do with him now? how do i do things like start making a skin for him?

do i have to assign different sections for him? stuff like this.

also, does every part of his body need to be connected?

here is right now:

http://www.geocities.com/madpostal2002/droid1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/madpostal2002/droid2.txt

You need toi make a uvmap for it, i cant find the tutoreials i had on it right now as im busy trying too map ^_^, but after u get a uuvmap on it, people can skin on hat, and then u play to ur model, an its skinned, then u segment it, add tags etc.

yea i need a tutorial on EVERYTHING. I dont know what uvmapping is, although im guessing it means to kind of "stretch" out all of the visible poly's so that you can make a 2d skin for it to go on.

i know what seg'ing is now from spacermonkey's tutorial, but what are tags? and i need to know what the "etc" is.

a uvmap is bvasicaly, your model, unrapped, say you get a cyildner, when you unrap it, you get 2 circles and a ecangle riight?

well. .basically same thing, but you would get a different shape, and it would be a wire frame of your model(usually..) then on that it gets skinned.. i wil lfind the tutorial for u when im done my map (just goptta add 1 more room, a secret fdoor, eleavotor, and some sliding htingies..) any who im rambling on now..

to get it to replace the stormtropper is rather easy...u already got it modeled now jsut gets the skins done and make sure its set to the human animations....then get the models/players folder in the assets0.pk3 file and put ur battledroid stuff...(skin model etc..) in a folder named "stormtrooper" and rename ur stormtrooper folder to something else...and then pk3 it and put it in the game data/base directory and it should work.....tell me if u need help with it when ur ready...

trueforce, woudl it work with out taging it, and weighing it to certain bones, segmenting it etc.? those are hard parts,a nd they are a must.. and wont be done if u just "replace"....

and if u "replace" it would also replace the sp ones too.. wouldnt it?

edit: it woudl actually be easier to amek it a seperate model, cuz.. well.. you woudnt have to unpack and repack assetspk3, , cuz either way u ahve to do the hard stuff..

Hey Guys Id like to say way to go, I hope you guys intend to make some single player levels with these babies in them. another question for you have you guys thought about doing a destroyer droid. that can role up and everything. Id work on it only my computer barely can run the game so I doubt it could do the skinning and mapping. Thanks all keep up the good work.

"Remember the force will be with you... Always."

im still attempting to do the uvmapping...

then i have to get someone to mail me an example model of kyle with the tags and skeleton structure, because right now im a little clueless when it comes to bones, "weighting", tags and such.

Archived