Home

SP Saber Color

Kamikaze_Elite

How do I change the saber in SP? Yes, I know about the console command (sabercolor <color> ). In other words, how do I switch the default blue saber with a different color?

When I switch the saber file names in the gfx/effects/sabers folder, the saber glow and core changes but the blur remains blue, giving a rainbow effect. If anyone has any clue on how to do this, please let me know!

I'd also like to know how to change the default saber color in SP. I've found out how to make NPC (Reborn, Shadow Troopers, Tavion, Desann, Luke, Jedis) sabers default to a different color, but I'm still stuck on Kyle.

To change these colors, make a new .pk3 file from the ext_data/npcs.cfg and edit the saberColor value for each character. Valid tags are the same as in the console command, plus RANDOM. I changed the Reborn and Shadow Troopers to have random sabers, which -really- breaks up the monotony of seeing all those red sabers. Unfortunately, when I edited Kyle's color, it didn't seem to do anything. He still starts with a blue saber when starting a new level. :(

Anyway, hope you find this useful. Maybe someone out there has figured this out.

Ok, I think I figured out a way to do this (although I'm convinced there is an easier way). This is how I did it:

1. I opened the sabers.shader file in the base/shaders directory (with ShaderEd2).

2. I wanted to switch the green with the blue, so I simply switched names of the files in the sabers.shader file.

3. This by itself should change the SP saber color. However if you want npcs with green sabers (luke) to keep green sabers and npcs with blue sabers to keep blue sabers, then you need to edit the npcs.cfg and switch the blues to green and the greens to blue.

If there is an easier way to do this, PLEASE tell me! Anyway, I hope this helps someone out.

It sounds like that altering the default saber color in SP would most likely require the SP Source Code to do it besides doing the switching method. According to Raven, they have no plans to ever release the SP Source but do plan to release the MP Source, which should allows us to add new sabers without replacing current ones.

Archived