Home

Katana Model

BacMeth

OK i've created this katana model...

you cann look at it at

my "page"

anyone willing to help me adding this to the game?

we could add this one as a new saber model and remove the lightsaber blades... adding some different sounds

need help on importing it into the game..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only way I think you can remove the saber blade is to edit the saber.shader file so that the blade jpgs are transparent. plus while you're in there you could put some env maps on the blade.

Also go to polycound and get the pop n fresh plugin for 4.2, though this version only exports.

haha hey leikkuri how are ya?

er well i think it 'MIGHT' be possible to do this sheath thingy...

but er...only if there's a way to attach the katana to another bone than the right hand and only if someone who has softimage creates some new animations

anyways.... i'll try to do an invisible shader skin for the blade and .. hmm.. remove the sounds until i can find some fitting ones,

export the md3 convert to glm (...blah,blah,blah)

and release it...

if everything works it should be released tomorrow...

(not a promise :p )

hm no i dont think i want it to be on the back :\

i'd prefer the waist...

but i think its not possible yet.... dunno anyways...

i managed to put it ingame but the textures didnt show up...

that was because the path for the textures was d:\3dsmax\refpics\blabla.jpg but the md3 files need a 'local' path instead of a er.... y'know... kinda defined one (baaad english me knows.. sorry.. hope you can guess)

the other thing was...

mkay

first there was no lightsaber blade... it just didnt show up when i equipped the saber...i think you have to create some sort of tags for the model (like you have to for character modeling) but importing the original saber_w.md3 files didnt help...

oh and check my page again... some new screenies

i will post it again and again and again... :)

[EDIT]

oh and i almost forgot,

when i throw my saber.. it disappears... just wanted to tell ya :\

[/EDIT]

Wow, I came here hoping there would be a Katana model available and here you are :-)

Great looking model as well!

I hope you get it working soon. I am not too concerned about what happens when you turn it off, it would be great just to have a katana, but if you do manage to get it to sheathe I will bow to you!

Thanks,

LGM-Senkrad

Originally posted by JediGhost[sITH]

Hurry up and fix it so you can release it RIGHT NOW

P.S. You adding new swinging/clashing sounds too? I hope I hope I hope...

i want to... but i need help ... if someone else knows a good site or maybe has some fitting sounds... mail it to me

felrog@gmx.de

but first of all i have to fix the texture thingy and get the damage system to work

Here are three things that I would absolutely LOVE to see...although...who knows if I'll actually be able to do any of them myself :( I LOVE this katana idea...it's beautiful. Now...if we could see a Samurai mod...I don't just mean sword fighting, but like...an kyujitsu mod, too. :) That'd be sweet.

Also something like...maybe a Dark Ages/Medieval cavalry mod. :) That would be so coooooooooool!!! Knights in armor and stuff on horses *bounces* and they could like, ride into battle and chop each other up :D No. Nope. I haven't had sugar tonight. Nope. No soda. No candy. Nope. And definately no ice cream. I'm not hyper at all. :D Geez. We college students are quite the healthy ones, eh? ;) Somehow I find myself needing to GAIN weight instead of lose it and if i dont go to bed rifht noe i think im gonna lose it nitenite

i replaced those 2 md3s and the glm (saber_w.glm)

the model shows up

but no textures(yes they are in the pk3 file.. i'm not THAT dumb :p)... no damage can be dealt

i think i have to create the tags TAG_PARENT and TAG_FLASH somewhere in the model but i dont know how (this would enable the lightsaber blade)

i dont know why the textures wont work.. they should but they dont

dark cloak: well i will release it as soon as its done (no more comments :p )

JediGhost[sITH]: thx for the swordsounds.. i like em :cool:

EDIT: oh btw added 2 new pics http://www.geocities.com/bacmeth/index.html

Archived