Home

Is there some trick to this or do I just suck?

Enoch Root

Okay, I'm at the level where you go into the bar and ask the bartender about Reelo or whatever his name is. After struggling through the bar I exit on the top floor and start looking around but no matter what I do I get my ass kicked by snipers. I tried using the light saber to block shots, but it doesn't seem to work against snipers, and I tried a bit of using the speed power to outrun them but that doesn't do all that good. If I try and snipe back they always hit me first, throwing off my shot. It seems no matter where I go or what I do I get shot at by someone. Is there something I'm missing here, or do I just need to be more alert? I normally would just assume that the game is getting harder, but there's so much of a difference between this level and the previous levels that it's almost absurd.

Yor main weapon on this level (no lie) is the "Save" option. You need to procede VERY slowly. Note where the snipers are when you get hit, then reload and move so that you can hit them first. You don't suck, this level is just a royal pain. The saber will not deflect the disruptor shot (weapon #4). You can use your disruptor to snipe the snipers, but it takes patience.

This level is indeed a pain in the rump. There is no way to anticipate where snipers may be, so it becomes a trial and error game.

The only methodology I can recommend is:

1. Stay in cover. Run between nooks and crannies, but don't linger in the open.

2. Use force speed the pass through open walkways.

3. Save after every kill. Lame, but necessary.

The first time I played through JKII, I used the technique already described... Make a kill..quicksave....make another kill.....quicksave... and so on and so on... It does take a while to figure out where every one of those bastards are but using this technique is pretty effective.

The second time I played the game, I just rushed my way through, only stopped about 3-4 times total. That worked like a charm too. Got hit a couple times but didn't even die.

You'ld be suprised how far you can actually get just running like mad. I guess it really does pay to be a chickensh1t sometimes. LOL!

Archived