Home

Bot problem

Elessil

Hiya,

I was trying to edit bots. And I got as far as adding them to the game, and getting the talking and everything working, as far as I can tell.

However, they all run around with the Galak skin. I did base my skin of that model, but I have no idea what this has to do with the bot. I changed the model name to the according character in the .bot files too. When playing the skins as player, they show up corectly.

Any ideas?

Nope, that's not the problem, I checked in the setup, if I have that option on, they all looked like the skin I wa splaying (qwhich was not Galak, but one of the skins I made, Obi-Wan. If I deactivated the force model option, they again looked like Galak.

I myself havent made my own bot yet, but I think I understand how they work... You've created bots off a basic template - ie galak, and forgot to change the template in each new bot

Open up the bot file for the new bot you've created and change the model from galak. The JKB affects personality and it sounds like thats all you've actually editted. The bot file defines the model, color and where to go for the personality settings you need

What you have:

file: someguy.bot

{

name "Mr.Death_killertype_megatype_bosslike_guy"

model Galak

color1 5

personality /botfiles/galak.jkb

}

What you need to do, change the model:

file: someguy.bot

{

name "someguy"

model someguy

color1 5

personality /botfiles/someguy.jkb

}

I can't think of anything else that would cause that...

Actually, that's not what I did. I said I based the skin off Galak - but I based the personalities of Luke. (seeing it was Obi-Wan and Anakin, it seemed the logical choice for me) And I did change the model link thingy you described. So that's not it, yet again. Sorry, it seems I have a kinda extravagant problem :)

Archived