Home

Two Massive Force and Saber Guides (updated!)

ArtifeX

Another Counter I use for Mind Trick is Push.

If you push approx. in the right direction, the opponent using MT will Auto Counter with Push, and you will then see a telltale "Cloud" around their hand. Once you know where they are they can be avoided / attacked.

Mind Trickers will normally Activate and then immediatly attempt to get behind

Great site BTW

Originally posted by Raith

Another Counter I use for Mind Trick is Push.

If you push approx. in the right direction, the opponent using MT will Auto Counter with Push, and you will then see a telltale "Cloud" around their hand. Once you know where they are they can be avoided / attacked.

Mind Trickers will normally Activate and then immediatly attempt to get behind

Great site BTW

Good technique. I'll make sure to add it and give you props for it.

Thx. :)

hey artifex how about a duel u and me??

i actually only go light stance now i started out with medium but then i have always been that sort of guy that uses what noone else uses so what u say u wanna have a go??

i would need the practise not alot of red stance players do anything else than DFA

For an ASC guy, you are alright. ;) As a light jedi, I will offer up this tidbit.

One additional counter to mind-trick...grip. If a dark jedi runs around holding down the grip key, no force will be expended until a target (even an invisible target) falls his in crosshair. Then the mindtricker will find himself gripped and location pinpointed by the giant red ball of grip floating in mid air. A countertactic is to use absorb with mindtrick, but you're bringing your force pool to dangerous levels by doing so.

You're doing the community a big favor, keep it up!

VERY nice guides Artifex. Thanks for the time and effort on your part. Maybe the community should be posting more thank you's then negative. (this post has very few replies where as the post by Reverse has the whole forum flaming him for 3 days now)

The image on that page just rocks, Artifex. The guy licking his saber made me laugh so hard I snorted cracker out my nose.

Comments:

1) Explain the defense holes a bit more. It's nice when you say left and behind, but does that mean a swipe or throw or what will hit easier from there? What exactly are you saying?

2) Instead of a time on the strong finisher being timed, say when the saber crosses your shoulder. If you start it from standing, when the saber is at the shoulder position, that is the time to execute the move. In a rear flip, the time to hit it is right before you land. You can do a backflip swinging, and if you do the attack right before you land you will come right back out of the flip with it.

3) The medium lateral swing has a nice range and good counter factor. The range seems to extend a decent way out from the tip at the apex, but you need to swing well before you approach the enemy. funky swing timing, I guess.

Archived