Home

Changing ammo

Dark Cloak

I've got an idea that could be a cute little quirk for single player mods. Or even multiplayer. Is there any way to change the ammo that a turret fires? Sentry, manned, or otherwise? I've tried a few things, but none of them seemed to have worked...I don't think. Maybe I haven't used the right model yet. ;) Anyway, I thought it'd be cool if you could have sentry turrets that could rain explosives (thermal detonators) down from the sky on you when you rush them on an open battlefield. Seems like a cool idea somehow. :D And one other question...how do you make those manned turrets? The ones you can walk up to and use in the single player game.

Well, I got the blaster rifle to fire...well...it makes the thermal detonator sound, but like...well, nothing comes out of the barrel, but if you aim, it still does damage. I'm just trying to make the detonator actually fly out of the gun barrel, and explode...which I can't do. I've messed with weapons.dat and npcs.dat, but to no avail...any other suggestions?

Archived