Home

do you want new saber handles?

k3po

Do you want new saber handles?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want new saber handles?

• Yah, that would be sweet.
    • Nah, that would be stupid.

hmm good idea i will do that if milkshape exports to xsi. see doing that would require someone to redo most the player animation. :(

if you've got any pics of well known sabers show me the link.

:saberb::saberr::saberg:

i can barely see the handle so it doesnt matter to me, the only new handle i would d/l is a darth maul double saber, but with only 1 saber out because having it with 2 sabers out youd have to re-animate the attacks to make it look right.

so yea, just a long saber like darth maul's.

you can't do a good 2 handed saber at this time. The only way to my knowledge to get a second blade, is with the THEDESTROYER thing, and it looks lame on a long saber like mauls, because the distance of the second blade, is coded, not tagged. Thus, no matter how long you make the saber, the second blade will come out a certain distance from the bottom of the primary blade. This means that on a longer model, the second saber blade will be present about half way down the model...making it looked messed up and a half.... At least i don't think it can be changed at this time, and the coding distance thing, is what Mike Gummelt at raven told me so, no good two handers at this time. I think it would be cool, if you could make it read a second tag, as a second blade, but probably can't do that until the source comes out.

hmm not sure you understood what i was trying to say, i dont want a double sided saber, just a single sided saber that is long like darth mauls double sided saber. I know thedestroyer looks like crap, it needs its own animations.

If you're doing the Darth Maul hilt, how about making one that has been cut off, it wouldn't be much more work.

You'll just have to cut it off and add some burnmarks on the end.

I have seen a ref. pic of it somewhere but forgot where.

since you can never see the handle it doesnt really matter. Id prefer a way to choosing custom blades in MP, or a custom color chooser...

However If you could make handles that were so big that it looked like they had something OTHER than a lightsaber... say a big ass axe, or a flaming sword... that would be cool.

whats the point in spending time on saber handles? you never see them except when you throw them, and when someone drops theirs, so whats the point wasting time on them? Sure, they're probs. easier to do, but why not do something more worthwhile and noticable, such as one of the other weapons or a player model?

but if you wanna have your own individual saber handle then there would have to be a handle pack....

and you'd have to have the possibility to choose your saber in the player menu

but it wouldnt be your own individual handle anymore because other ppl would be able to use em too

and that player menu thingy cant be done without the source code...

if you just replace the model then everyone would have the handle.. on your screen only...

and you'd be the only one who can see it

Originally posted by BacMeth

but if you wanna have your own individual saber handle then there would have to be a handle pack....

and you'd have to have the possibility to choose your saber in the player menu

but it wouldnt be your own individual handle anymore because other ppl would be able to use em too

and that player menu thingy cant be done without the source code...

if you just replace the model then everyone would have the handle.. on your screen only...

and you'd be the only one who can see it

I wouldn't mind that. :D

I'd like too, and add it as a "bonus" model with our mod.

However, this will all depend on if LucasArts would allow it, as KOTOR has not been released yet.

And if you want to see a pic, just look at my avatar! ;)

Archived