Home

how would you go about "attaching" the model to your skins?

evilsam

first of all you need to uvwmap your model. Its not an easy process so I recomend you search out some tutorials on it. Or if you've already uvw mapped your model then you need textporter - free plugin in to export the maps so you can paint them in photoshop.

You know how fun it is to model and see something take shape before your eyes? To know that not a single vertice or face is wasted, and what's more it looks good? Moreover, to know that you did it?

UVW mapping is the polar opposite of that feeling. :p

bah character riging and uvmaping are the hardest part of modeling for me...(thats why i ahve yet to sucessfuly do so haha!) but.. then engine doesnt really know what goes where, thats hwre the uvmaping comes ot place, then you paint over the map, and you skin should be perfectkly on the model(if ua hev done it right)

'You know how fun it is to model and see something take shape before your eyes? To know that not a single vertice or face is wasted, and what's more it looks good? Moreover, to know that you did it?

UVW mapping is the polar opposite of that feeling. :p'

Haha, I actually enjoy the uvw mapping now. I can get a model mapped in just a couple of hours and its almost fun next to rigging a model for animation. :eek:

I mainly use planar mapping with the view alignment. Work my way round my model and piece it together so to avoid as many seams and trying to reduce the distortion - that is unaviodable unless your uvwmap is cut into many little segments.

Its easy, I just think theres no point in rushing, as I know from experience (recent as well as old :D ) that mistakes can be a pain to correct.

Archived