Home

Anyone willing?

John Solvis

I know I posted another message a while back about the same thing, but I thought I'd give it one last go, since it's already off the main list of threads. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming or something, but this'll be the last time I post about this.

After much research into trying to make a skin, I realized that my picture editing software doesn't work nearly as well as I'd like. Not that I had much artistic talent to begin with, but what I'm stuck with doesn't do a very good job. Unfortunately, I also have no money with which to buy better software, so that's why I'm turning to the already existent skinners for help.

Like I said in my earlier post (again, sorry for doing this), I've been trying to make/find someone to make a couple of anime skins. Specifically, from the anime called "Vandread" (if you like mechs, fighters, or just men and women at war with each other, I recommend you check it out).

Considering the lack of response to my last post, I'm not expecting too much to this one, but if you're interested in taking up the request and helping me out, please email me at roleplayinggamer@hotmail.com

I have full body images of the characters, if you want to help, but have never seen the anime. Sorry to bother everyone, and good luck skinning.

I remember someone once made an anime-ish Jan skin...the thing was so incredibly bright, that people begged for it to not be released. I grabbed it at the first chance I got. :D

If you make an anime skin, I'll probably download it no matter WHO it is. I mean it could be an Otaku Jar-Jar and I'd download it.

Hey, thanks for offering, PerfectSky! I appreciate it!

Hehe, Hyrit, you sound like me. I always went around getting skins like that for JK1.

Man, I suddenly feel a lot less alone, now that I know I'm not the only otaku gamer on this board.

imho, it would be best to create new models. anime characters have extreme proportions, that will make an anime style skin look wierd on a normally proportioned model. just pointing that out.

-Abs

Not necessarily, Absath...the only one I've seen so far is that Jan one...and it was actually meant as a joke. Thing is, it actually looks decent(well, except the middle finger logo on her back). All you do is change the skin tone to make it more "2d-ish" and make bigger eyes on the face...not all anime is super deformed. Though, it'd be more of an "Anime-esque" style instead of a true Anime look...

It'd be fun to have a whole set of the original characters, only Anime-ized...though some can't really have that done, like the stormtroopers(Hey, you there!) and others with helmets...maybe if you just make it look like they're cel-shaded? Unfortunately I myself have the artistic talents of a wet can of soda on colored paper(honestly, that's what it looks like), so all I can do is whine and beg. :D

Wooohooooo I'm famous! :D

I'm proud to say my skin has THE WORST rating of all skins in the download section. I was gonna make a whole army of brightly colored freaks, but then decided I'd instead try my hand and creating a model for everybody to hate :p

Sorry.... can't help with making specific skins. I can't even draw! All I can do is re-color :rolleyes:

I think I'm about the only person who liked that skin... :D

Well, except the middle finger...and the hair, too... For crying out loud, she looks like her hair got stuck in a flushing toilet full of 20 different colors of hair dye...

Still like it over all though. :p

But since I'm not even at the level to recolor(seriously, I have like, negative talent here), how hard do you think it'd be to make things look cel-shaded? I still think a cel-shaded stormy(hey, you there!) would rock.

If you ask me, we all start out somewhat bad skinners. There is no need for you to give up skinning at all! Granted you may not have the money for the paint program you prefer; it is still no reason to drop it all together. It's amazing how much can get done with shareware these days. I also would reccommend looking for an older version of PSP or PhotoShop. They usually run cheaper. But for god sakes man, Dont sell yourself short!

Really appreciate the confidence, Forest! Nah, I'm not gonna completely give up or anything. Just, for the time being, I'm gonna watch and take notes. I need to practice my motor skills in real life before I try and improve on computerized drawing/coloring. Still, after seeing/downloading PerfectSky's other skins, I kinda hope he really tries to make those skins I wanted. :) hehe

Ok...I hate you guys now. :D

You make it sound so easy, so now I'll spend all day trying to do this, and I'll still get nowhere. But thing is, there's no way to give a skin a black outline, is there? I mean, it just wouldn't work right, would it?

Archived